My Aitor Jungle King 1 :)

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
slingshot
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

My Aitor Jungle King 1 :)

Post by slingshot » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:59 am

Aitor Jungle King 1.jpg
Just got my Aitor Jungle King 1...And it is my fondling knife. I may not use it much or lug it around everywhere but it feels great in my hand. The tools with it are excellent. Especially the skinner. Many knife enthusiasts might wonder why I have invested in a hollow handle knife. Well, there is no reason, other than that I kind of fell in love with it :D

The wristwatch is only there to indicate scale.

The picture quality is not very good. But I hope that you get the drift :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There is no downside to Freedom!

For Advertising mail webmaster
Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Re: My Aitor Jungle King 1 :)

Post by Olly » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:25 pm

Congrats on the new purchase... Aitor are good knives !

There is a thread already running at :
http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=453

You could have posted it under that...

Bruno22
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bruno22 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:19 pm

Very nice blade. Yes it is a 'fondling' knife. Awsome knife and awesomely impractical. Have one myself though. Exactly the same. Never used it so cannot comment on the blade/handle strength but it looks solid enough.
Enjoy you new blade.
Bruno22
THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN PEACE, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN WAR.

slingshot
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by slingshot » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:45 pm

Thanks for the update Olly. Will check for a thread next time. Is it possible to move this post to that thread?

And Bruno, it is awesomely impractical....very well defined. I have no clue how it will perform and what to do with it on a regular basis...but I really like it and it has pride of place in my knife cabinet :)

farhan.lateefi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by farhan.lateefi » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:53 pm

Hi slingshot,

You have a nice Omega there, is it a sea master?? oh and a really nice blade too.

cheers
farhan
''The great object is, that every man be armed.... Every one who is able may have a gun."

Patrick Henry

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:14 am

Bruno22 wrote: Never used it so cannot comment on the blade/handle
Used to have a Aitor Mauser (Commando?) back in the late 80's (the one that came with signal flares) and used it to do some fair bit of wood chopping for the camp fire on one outdoor trip. Surprisingly enough there was no play. Having said that, I would be very wary of hollow handle type knives for medium or heavy duty work. The compass, sitting inside the pommel, went south when the pommel was used as a hammer.

slingshot
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by slingshot » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:18 pm

Mack The Knife, (I told Bruno about this) I have discovered a use for the JK 1. It has been reserved for the viewership of the would be boyfriends of the 9 year old when she grows up. Either they shall run off or they shall treat her very differently....both good results :)

Farhan, it is a Seamaster. Approximately 13 years old. And it belongs to a friend of mine. I have not worn a wristwatch ever since my college days. That is a very long time. About 20 years without a wristwatch has told me to tell time accurately :)

DudeZXT
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by DudeZXT » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:08 am

Congratulations! I've seen many people who were duped into thinking they bought an Aitor knife, but most of the time it's been a fake chinese knockoff. You, my friend have the genuine article! Where did you get it and for how much, if you don't mind my asking? I have a JKI & a JKII, both in black, and a complete set of the bowie knives with wood & brass handles. I also have a super rare Ecuadoran police issued JKII. I'm looking to buy more of the JKI&II for use in the field. Thank you for showing us that these can still be found. I tried to order from a website http://www.aceros-de-hispania.com a couple years ago, but the ordering for USA didn't work right.

slingshot
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by slingshot » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:49 am

Thank you DudeZXT. It has taken some time to reach the Aitor JK1. The knockoffs are very convincing but the genuine article is worth having, if only as a show knife. I am not assuming that the JK1 is not capable of being a great survival knife. Maybe it is a fantastic survival knife. However, for me, it is a knife to cherish not a knife to punish :)

I really like the description of your knives. Especially the part about the rare Ecuadorian JKII. Since you have used these knives, would be great if you could give all of us at this forum your insights about these knives. How you have used them, have you actually taken them with you during camping etc.

I was lucky to get this from Prasad Kulkarni at Gunmark Pune in India. I think this is the second last piece left. Prasad and his father, stock good stuff and have great customer orientation. This is an expensive knife too. I cant give you the exact price, since Prasad gave me a discount and it would not be fair to share my discounted price. However it was in the vicinity of USD 300 to USD 350. So, this is a trophy knife at present. Maybe someday I will work with it :)

DudeZXT
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by DudeZXT » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:56 pm

Success! I ordered another JKII from the website I said, above. It cost much less than you paid. I will let you know everything was good after I receive my order. These knives are excellent. You can see demonstrations on www.youtube.com

slingshot
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by slingshot » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:29 pm

Hi DudeZXT, good to hear about your success. And I look forward to your review. There are many issues in importing knives to India. By the time the knife reaches a consumer like me, the levies increase prices. For example the custom duties, Octroi duties, postage and finally the dealer commissions. We live with it.

sudeepdalvi
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sudeepdalvi » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:10 pm

I find that buying a Jungle King in US and bringing it to India in baggage either by oneself or through a friend will be much cheaper, almost by Rs. 9000.

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:07 pm

How did I miss this??!!

Nice deco item, dada! Is that a slingshot (no pun intended on your name!) in the pic? Does it come inside the hollow handle?

Fantastic idea of the knife's intended use ROTFL , I should remember to hand over something (maybe the BK 7 or a khukri??) to my kid, when he grows up, in case he meets a young lady with a dad like you! ROTFL ROTFL
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

sudeepdalvi
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sudeepdalvi » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:46 am

@essdee1972, Its not just a kniefe but a complete survival kit in itself, with a slingshot, a secondary knife, fire kindling instruments, medical stuff and many other utilities bundled up. Watch the full demo on youtube.

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:02 pm

Slingshot, can you post pics of the survival items inside the handle? I just want to see how much of that I can fit into a small pouch which can piggyback on a BK7 sheath.
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley