A good solingen blade

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

A good solingen blade

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:57 pm

I am sure some of you gentlemen must have come across this type of blade..owned by a friend of mine..Got it from his grandfather.. I found this one really unusual.. pls see the pics in order..top to bottom

Its a Hubertus blade.. I could have a chosen a better background..didn't realize that..:(

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n182 ... CN1454.jpg

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n182 ... CN1457.jpg

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n182 ... CN1455.jpg

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:16 pm

That is a fine looking knife, Ranjit. Thanks for the pics. What camera did you use?

Best- Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:46 pm

What camera did you use?
I have only a nikon coolpix, btw is it about the bad quality of photograph:)..trust me its got nothing to with the camera..its me who should be blamed:)..

About the knife, what i liked most was I have seen many folding knives, but this is the only one who becomes bigger..

Ranjeet

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:55 am

Naaah, Ranjit. I was interested in the camera. I am dabbling my fingahs in photography. Just curious that's all. If you come to England by any chance, lets meet up. Shall do like wise. :D BTW, are you planning to compete when you come back to India? If so, you have to beat me mi amigo before you hold the gold aloft. :twisted: :lol:

Best- Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:28 am

Ranjeet,

That isn't as unusual as you may think. It's a hunting knife. They come in a leather sheath and usually have a blade length of 7" to 8" and are also used for sticking pigs after they have been hocked by hunting dogs.

Lovely knife.

Mack The Knife

Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:42 pm

you have to beat me mi amigo before you hold the gold aloft
Hey Vikram, I shoot trap only and I thought you shot skeet. so can't compete with you.

And yeah I intend to compete in India the primary reason is to be able to import a good gun- no lifting golds:)

Was planning to visit my brother in London this month. Work is keeping me busy...My brother is into plastic- I mean an electronic freak- odd one in the family, or would have given his number to you.

And you guys are not in EU, that calls for more pain for me to get a uk visa.

Regards
Ranjeet

Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:44 pm

Mack The Knife,

you got something like that which becomes bigger...would be interested if you put that on sale

Regards
Ranjeet

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:49 pm

Ranjeet Singh wrote:you got something like that which becomes bigger...would be interested if you put that on sale.
Yep but the wife forbids its sale. :mrgreen:

If you want such a knife and don't want to shell out too much get a Muela PL-18R.

If the job calls for something bigger than 4" I prefer a fixed blade.

Mack The Knife

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:26 am

Have seen this design all over the country -from bangalore to nainital. :wink:
usually come with a red leather sheath...have dim memories of our scout master turning away a similar knife that a scout wore to camp.
cant say too much about the blades they had-uded to be mirror finish.
Mack The Knife, there used to be a shop in Majestic-at the Sapna theatre flyover-sells these knives, exchanges mutilated currency notes etc.Am talking of atleast 10 years ago...
best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

vrohan59
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vrohan59 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:11 am

The knife that your friend has is pretty unique,I own 2 such myself.I have quite an extensive collection of cold steel,including an original Samurai sword from the second world war.Apparently the owner was a Japanese officer who was killed by the resistance and it was sold to me for Rs.500.Amazing to sat the least.The only examples missing from my collection are Rajasthani daggers.Where I live such knives are used as secondary edged weapons , mainly for skinning and gutting.