Victorinox Muela Hunting Knife for rs1525.00 PICS ADDED

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
supershaji
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Victorinox Muela Hunting Knife for rs1525.00 PICS ADDE

Post by supershaji » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:16 am

Did anyone order this "hunting knife" and get it too (the same product as in picture)? :

chitty-vitty, bang-shang

For Advertising mail webmaster
marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:24 am

I agree they look pretty impressive in pics as well as in reality, How ever, on closer examination they turn out to be pretty flimsy and suitable only for light chore that are and can be done with any ordinary kitchen knife. As a member pointed out it lacks full tang which is indeed a drawback. Another thing I learnt on examining it was that they falsely claim it to be a "Victorinox" where as in reality it has "Inox" written on it which stands for stainless. The former is a strictly a Swiss patent which this one indeed is not. In short, I was pretty disappointed with it and intend giving it away to my nephew to play around with when trekking.
Cheers !!!
Marksman

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:17 pm

Got the knife delivered couple of days back. As seen before, a sporting knife came instead of the hunting version.

On bill, it is hunting but on wrapper sticker it is sporting 7120. I'm not planning to replace this eventhough muelas are back in stock on snapdeal. These are imported into India by Victorinox according to the sticker, thus the naming. I've read that many muelas are distributed through Victorinox too, so I can't find any false claims here. This piece is from Aug 2013 batch.

It might be half tang but its not all that flimsy. Still, never tried on anything big so can't really say much. I like it. Here goes:

with guns we are citizens, without we are subjects

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:36 pm

Estounsandy Sir,
Please Give it real work out outdoors and check it out. And please let the forum know the result. It'll be a good idea to refrain from giving it away till then..

Marksman

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:55 am

@marksman I will try to do something hard with this but this is more like a collection for me. So far I've tried slicing through some hard plastics & it appeared composed. I suggest you don't give it away.
with guns we are citizens, without we are subjects

doctor
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by doctor » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:34 am

even i had ordered for the sporting version and received the hunting version, lodged a complaint with snapdeal, they were ready to refund the charges and ready to recollect the wrong knife, i declined their offer, i wanted a sporting knife and i asked them to replace the hunting knife with sporting knife , supposedly they are out of stock ,and having issues with the supplier.
doctor.
PS:the name of the importer and his phone is on the packing of knife, if we group order we can get a good discount.

kenhypno
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by kenhypno » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:30 am

i think i had posted the pics i had clicked of the same ones at Bansons Mumbai!for the rate mentioned it is a steal ,and is sold out!
"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -- The Dalai Lama, (May 15, 2001, The Seattle Times)

gone_fishing
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by gone_fishing » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:44 pm

Looks smokin'!

Can someone tell me how much is the thickness of the blade? I couldn't find reviews of the muela 7120 anywhere, although there is a youtube video of a guy cutting through a tyre with it.

I'm thinking of getting one of these as a utility knife. The only knife I own as of now is a Victorinox Tinker.
I was wondering whether this thing will fit the bill for some minor camping tasks.
Now I don't cam much, but whenever I do, I'd like a have a good blade on me.

And owning a blade I think is the best way to get to know what suits you. So, how is it as a utility knife? And more imortantly, is there any good knife under 2k in India?

I also had a look at the Gerber Big Rock, but it's over twice the price and I can't find the plain edge model anywhere.

harshit89
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by harshit89 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:10 am

supershaji wrote:Did anyone order this "hunting knife" and get it too (the same product as in picture)? :

[ Image ]
unacceptable content removed by moderator
Keep knives in your pocket and pray that you will never need it