What is best outdoors survival weapon: Multitool or Knives?

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Re: What is best outdoors survival weapon: Multitool or Kniv

Post by essdee1972 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:23 am

There will be cops around looking to make some money or maybe looking for a star on his carrier.
Yup! The bane of the casual tourist in India! I was actually stopped by some cops who tried to prove that carrying MY dog in MY car is somehow illegal. I made them look through the entire rule book, couldn't find anything!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

For Advertising mail webmaster
brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:41 pm

"essdee1972" wrote - I was actually stopped by some cops who tried to prove that carrying MY dog in MY car is somehow illegal. I made them look through the entire rule book, couldn't find anything!

Essdee was lucky that the cops let him go...
They stopped him because it was essdee's DOG who was driving the car ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

Briha

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:05 am

="brihacharan"They stopped him because it was essdee's DOG who was driving the car ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

Briha
Brihaji, that was probably the actual reason. That too without a driving License. Though the fine for that is only Rs.100.
Not worth going through the rules, sheer waste of time and effort.
ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
Regards

Atul

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:50 pm

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

Unfortunately the poor guy can't read GPS, so I have to let him drive. Also, most people give way to a 70 kilo Rottweiler growling at them!!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:38 pm

essdee1972 wrote: Unfortunately the poor guy can't read GPS, so I have to let him drive. Also, most people give way to a 70 kilo Rottweiler growling at them!!
With a 70 kg beast in your car you don't have to worry about cops or a horn for your car even an 'outdoor survival weapon'...............

harshit89
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by harshit89 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:26 pm

xl_target wrote:A good weapon?
Phased Plasma Rifle in the 40 watt range?

Seriously though, as several people have mentioned, you need a decent knife at the very minimum
When I go camping, I take my hatchet and several knives.

[ Image ]
I always have my 2.5 inch EDC folder in a pocket but I also take a 3.0 inch folder with me when camping.
These are both CRKT Ron Lake designs. I love this blade shape.

In addition, my kitchen kit contains a small paring knife for food preparation chores.
That seems to be really amazing camping and trekking knives which can be used perfectly for outdoors survival.
Keep knives in your pocket and pray that you will never need it

harshit89
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by harshit89 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:28 pm

essdee1972 wrote:
There will be cops around looking to make some money or maybe looking for a star on his carrier.
Yup! The bane of the casual tourist in India! I was actually stopped by some cops who tried to prove that carrying MY dog in MY car is somehow illegal. I made them look through the entire rule book, couldn't find anything!

Yes that true. The cops some times really harass the tourist to get some money from them

harshit89
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by harshit89 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:34 pm

brihacharan wrote:"essdee1972" wrote - I was actually stopped by some cops who tried to prove that carrying MY dog in MY car is somehow illegal. I made them look through the entire rule book, couldn't find anything!

Essdee was lucky that the cops let him go...
They stopped him because it was essdee's DOG who was driving the car ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
[ Image ]

Briha
That might be the only reason for sure that cops caught him

harshit89
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by harshit89 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:40 pm

aadhaulya wrote:
essdee1972 wrote: Unfortunately the poor guy can't read GPS, so I have to let him drive. Also, most people give way to a 70 kilo Rottweiler growling at them!!
With a 70 kg beast in your car you don't have to worry about cops or a horn for your car even an 'outdoor survival weapon'...............
Surely the beast alone can be enough to deal with all the cops...

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:21 pm

Ah well, you don't let a family member do the work of a chowkidar or a PSO, do you?
Cheers!

EssDee