New Knife added to My Knife Collection.

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
harshit89
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: New Knife added to My Knife Collection.

Post by harshit89 » Mon May 04, 2015 3:39 pm

anant wrote:Excellent knife collection.
Thanks Anant, thanks for the appreciation
Keep knives in your pocket and pray that you will never need it

For Advertising mail webmaster
harshit89
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by harshit89 » Mon May 04, 2015 3:42 pm

goondasmani wrote:
harshit89 wrote:I thought of getting some good self defence tool apart from the knife. So decided to get a expandable batons or truncheon which might not be sharp but I believe that it will be really tactical.
Hope to get the delivery of the baton soon. Will be posting the real photos soon.
Really excited and waiting.......
[ Image ]
only the best option on non lethal self defense tool add a lanyard to it so you will have grip and baton will not fall down (like latti)
Batons can be considered as the best non lethal self defense tools but, the (Latti) is take a lower step as compared to the Batons

harshit89
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by harshit89 » Thu May 21, 2015 11:30 am

Now its time to add some multitools to my knife collection. waiting for the delivery of a leatherman multitool.
Will disclose the name and the photos as it gets delivered.

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Thu May 21, 2015 7:07 pm

Harshit, you have a wonderful collection.

Regards

Atul

choombak
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by choombak » Fri May 22, 2015 9:59 am

harshit89 wrote:Batons can be considered as the best non lethal self defense tools but, the (Latti) is take a lower step as compared to the Batons
Here in California possessing a baton is a felony, but I can possess a laathi! :-)

harshit89
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by harshit89 » Wed May 27, 2015 11:49 am

aadhaulya wrote:Harshit, you have a wonderful collection.

Regards

Atul
Thanks for the appreciation...

harshit89
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by harshit89 » Wed May 27, 2015 11:50 am

choombak wrote:
harshit89 wrote:Batons can be considered as the best non lethal self defense tools but, the (Latti) is take a lower step as compared to the Batons
Here in California possessing a baton is a felony, but I can possess a laathi! :-)
For sure, that laathi which seems to be the best and legal self defence tool California.. :D

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Wed May 27, 2015 3:43 pm

hi harshit,

A small suggestion, one good knife is worth 5 crappy ones. I learnt this the wrong way by buying quite a few cheap knives without actually considering the steel used or the company's reputation for making good knives. Tons of reviews available online on good knives in all price ranges, you could go through them or even ask members here for their first hand experience before making a purchase. There is a substantial difference between a good knife and a piece of metal with a sharp edge, keep away from the latter and do not waste your money on them.
Just my honest 2 cents :)
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Thu May 28, 2015 10:19 am

There is a substantial difference between a good knife and a piece of metal with a sharp edge, keep away from the latter and do not waste your money on them.
:agree:

It seems we all learn this the hard way!!

A small suggestion - if you really want a knife you can carry everyday (EDC), go for smaller, less "tacticool" knives. In a society where carrying any knife is rare, the tacticool stuff is even more so. I for one, wouldn't want to be asked by a cop why I am carrying the latest piece of clip-pointed, serrated back, 15 inch piece of Rambo awesomeness.

For reviews, I find knife center ones more useful than those on amazon. It seems from the tone of the reviews (to me at least) that the KC buyers (in general) are more experienced & more serious knife users, while the amazon buyers include a large proportion of newbies and "mall ninjas".
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Thu May 28, 2015 10:49 am

essdee1972 wrote:
There is a substantial difference between a good knife and a piece of metal with a sharp edge, keep away from the latter and do not waste your money on them.
A small suggestion - if you really want a knife you can carry everyday (EDC), go for smaller, less "tacticool" knives. In a society where carrying any knife is rare, the tacticool stuff is even more so. I for one, wouldn't want to be asked by a cop why I am carrying the latest piece of clip-pointed, serrated back, 15 inch piece of Rambo awesomeness.
For reviews, I find knife center ones more useful than those on amazon. It seems from the tone of the reviews (to me at least) that the KC buyers (in general) are more experienced & more serious knife users, while the amazon buyers include a large proportion of newbies and "mall ninjas".
Now the moot query...
How many knives does one need :roll:
IMHO - Just 3...
1. A folder with 2 1/2" blade...EDC a la Swiss Knife with attachments...

2. A fixed blade with a 5" or 6" blade a la Becker / Boker / Buck :lol:
3. A fancy Bowie with 8" or 9" blade - ideal for outdoors / camping etc.
If you are a collector - its a different story :D :D :D
Briha
Last edited by brihacharan on Thu May 28, 2015 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Thu May 28, 2015 11:07 am

Well Brihaji <deep sigh>, everybody starts out for a lark, most end up as collectors. This is an addiction almost as strong as nicotine!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Thu May 28, 2015 11:18 am

essdee1972 wrote:Well Brihaji <deep sigh>, everybody starts out for a lark, most end up as collectors. This is an addiction almost as strong as nicotine!
Well said SD :clap:
We are all victims, aren't WE? ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
Briha

harshit89
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by harshit89 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:07 pm

brihacharan wrote:
essdee1972 wrote:
Now the moot query...
How many knives does one need :roll:
IMHO - Just 3...
1. A folder with 2 1/2" blade...EDC a la Swiss Knife with attachments...
[ Image ]

[ Image ]
2. A fixed blade with a 5" or 6" blade a la Becker / Boker / Buck :lol:
[ Image ]
3. A fancy Bowie with 8" or 9" blade - ideal for outdoors / camping etc.
If you are a collector - its a different story :D :D :D
Briha

Seems that you forget to add a folding knife in your collection....

harshit89
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by harshit89 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:14 pm

kshitij wrote:hi harshit,

A small suggestion, one good knife is worth 5 crappy ones. I learnt this the wrong way by buying quite a few cheap knives without actually considering the steel used or the company's reputation for making good knives. Tons of reviews available online on good knives in all price ranges, you could go through them or even ask members here for their first hand experience before making a purchase. There is a substantial difference between a good knife and a piece of metal with a sharp edge, keep away from the latter and do not waste your money on them.
Just my honest 2 cents :)
Hello Kshitij,

I completely agree with you. Buy a perfect and durable knife is far more better as compared to some cheap looking knives which are not durable. At the beginning of my knife collection, I was mainly searching the knives at the mega stores like amazon and ebay as most buy search on the internet for very product. But I was wrong as its better to get these knives from the reputed brands only which makes durable and sharp knives. That's why I shifted to Knifeindia for my knife accessories. I have also checked on the Knifecenter and it looks to me ok for the knife accessories.

And Thanks for the above suggestions and I will surely keep in mind those thoughts before getting any new knives.

harshit89
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by harshit89 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:26 pm

essdee1972 wrote:

That's a correct thought, carrying big and tactical knives for everyday carry is not considered as common.
In context to the reviews, amazon is not a good option as the people who are not much aware of the knives visit there. You can find the experienced people out there at popular knife accessories stores onine.