RAMBO KNIFE

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

RAMBO KNIFE

Post by aadhaulya » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:40 pm

I found this Rambo style knife that I had bought from Thailand some years ago. The Blade has 'USA' embossed on it. It had costed me about Rs. 600 or so. The overall length is 10" and the blade is 6". The grip has a screw on cap at the end and inside is a compass, fishing line & hook and some match sticks with striker. Also a little bit of spare space to add some small stuff.

I am sure that at this cost it would be a fake.
But it is a good looking knife, with no utility. As one can't carry it or any other knife in India. Because if the cops find it on you by chance then, even if it is legally allowed they can put you in trouble very easily. So the best self defense weapon is a licensed hand gun carried openly. They cannot accuse you of planing a crime, unless it is concealed and you are moving about in suspicious circumstances.

Therefore, these days a am going in for some good looking blades for my collection.

Regards

For Advertising mail webmaster
harshit89
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: RAMBO KNIFE

Post by harshit89 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:10 am

You can have some good folding knife from reputed brands like Cold Steel, Gerber and many more which can be used for everyday carry to outdoors.
Keep knives in your pocket and pray that you will never need it

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:45 am

Harshit, Like I mentioned, I see is no practical use of carrying a knife. Self defense probably but only if you have the art, courage of a street fighter. Also you are not bothered about the consequences of getting caught with a knife.

Regards

harshit89
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by harshit89 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:53 am

aadhaulya wrote:Harshit, Like I mentioned, I see is no practical use of carrying a knife. Self defense probably but only if you have the art, courage of a street fighter. Also you are not bothered about the consequences of getting caught with a knife.

Regards
Aadhaulya, that's true.
You should keep these blades for everyday carry only when you are able to handle them conveniently in every respect and can deploy them wherever necessary. This doesn't mean that you can carry the any knife for outdoors. You should keep in mind the laws in your state.
Keep knives in your pocket and pray that you will never need it