Advise on my first knife purchase

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
EricNikhil
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Advise on my first knife purchase

Post by EricNikhil » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:46 pm

i would like to purchase a karambit as my first knife.i found a couple on knifeindia, however i saw a post here saying knifeindia is basically a scam as the products are chinese knocoffs.
can someone recommend a site where i can get a genuine, quality karambit? or a karambit with total cost (delivery + knife) between 1500 and 2500????

For Advertising mail webmaster
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Advise on my first knife purchase

Post by nagarifle » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:03 pm

in india difficult, one has to look at USA ETC
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:55 pm

Try knifecenter.com or cart2india.com. Have ordered on both and got prompt delivery of genuine stuff. May I ask why a karambit?
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

EricNikhil
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by EricNikhil » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:23 pm

kshitij wrote:Try knifecenter.com or cart2india.com. Have ordered on both and got prompt delivery of genuine stuff. May I ask why a karambit?
cart2india seems good. pricewise. ill see if they have anything in the preferred style.

first choice, karambit, because i like the aggressive styling. dont really have any everyday use for it, and dont anticipate having to rip someone up, but the potential usage(even though i wont use it that way), style just appeal to me.
second choice would be a Tanto type olding knife.

goondasmani
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by goondasmani » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:41 am

before buying any karambit please buy a trainer (or make one) these blades can give you nasty cuts in blood vein area(wrists). cart2india has chinese stuff.buying knives in India is so tuff. my self wanted sog seal team elite and im researching in boderlynx.com and not sure how customs will react if its success we can import from us

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:48 am

Cart2india has knives from various chinese manufacturers but the ones that are sold under different known brands are genuine and not chinese replicas. I have got quite a few ontario and cold steel knives from them and they were the real deal not cheap fakes. You simply choose what you want and pay cash when it is delivered. How much more simple or easy can it be??
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

goondasmani
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by goondasmani » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:50 pm

kshit one of the possible way to buy knife in India is by cart2india but the knives are always costly. did u check the prices of kinves in other sites?

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:59 pm

I have got a couple from knifecenter.com but that was through a fellow ifg member. The prices seem a bit steep but when you add 30% duty and shipping costs, it is what it is. Such is the indian life :P :cheers:
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

goondasmani
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by goondasmani » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:56 pm

kshitji im working on buying knives from amazon.com through boderlinx.com. i asked boderlinx that will they ship knives and gave them a link of sog seal team elite in walmart. boderlinx has sent me confirmation mail that they will ship knives to India. i asked about custom charges to the shipper(DHL) and has sent me some reference of how customs are added in that they have given 10% only but how much it will be charged for custioms (actuals) and im searching for answers. if its really 10% its the best way ever to buy us knives in India

harshit89
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by harshit89 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:15 pm

EricNikhil wrote:i would like to purchase a karambit as my first knife.i found a couple on knifeindia, however i saw a post here saying knifeindia is basically a scam as the products are chinese knocoffs.
can someone recommend a site where i can get a genuine, quality karambit? or a karambit with total cost (delivery + knife) between 1500 and 2500????
If your are really want to get the best karambit knife, then there are many options like KnifeIndia, knifecenter, Amazon and many more. One more thing I want to ask you that how you recognise any knife as chinese. If they are manufactured in china, that doesn't mean that they would be an low quality products. Cold Steel which is a popular knife brand have manufacture centres at china and this doesn't degrade their products quality. Same goes with the any online knife store. I have got many knives from KnifeIndia, Knifecenter as well and I do believe they are working well for me.
Keep knives in your pocket and pray that you will never need it

Avik
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Avik » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:00 am

goondasmani wrote:kshitji im working on buying knives from amazon.com through boderlinx.com. i asked boderlinx that will they ship knives and gave them a link of sog seal team elite in walmart. boderlinx has sent me confirmation mail that they will ship knives to India. i asked about custom charges to the shipper(DHL) and has sent me some reference of how customs are added in that they have given 10% only but how much it will be charged for custioms (actuals) and im searching for answers. if its really 10% its the best way ever to buy us knives in India

I contacted the borderlynx support staff, who promptly refused to ship any sharp items to India. How come certain people are told that knives can be legally imported via their site while the others are being refused?

goondasmani
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by goondasmani » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:35 am

i gave the customer care person the link of sog seal team elite in amazon.com then he told me he will send confirmation mail that the product can be shipped and they have sent confirmation too further i asked DHL about shipping the knife and they have sent me list of goods and their customs taxes here is the list http://www.cbec.gov.in/customs/cst2013-14/chap-82.pdf ( see 8211 page 4) then there is a site to calculate the customs duty and taxes http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-impor ... 193190374/ even though customs office can seize u r knife so i am waiting to meet a customs officer regarding this and find the answers

goondasmani
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by goondasmani » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:15 am

avik some customer care persons dont have knowledge and simply say sharp items cannot be shipped next time use my ticket code LTK1221604098462X this is the exact mail i received from the customer care person

Reference number: LTK1221604098462X Please use this ticket number in any correspondence with us.

Dear Mani,

Welcome to Borderlinx.

This email is regarding your request to check and confirm if it is possible to ship below given item. We would like to inform you that yes, you can ship below given item.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/SOG-Seal-Team ... K/21635113

If we could be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,

Sumit Gogia

Borderlinx Support

Avik
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Avik » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:31 am

goondasmani wrote:avik some customer care persons dont have knowledge and simply say sharp items cannot be shipped next time use my ticket code LTK1221604098462X this is the exact mail i received from the customer care person

Reference number: LTK1221604098462X Please use this ticket number in any correspondence with us.

Dear Mani,

Welcome to Borderlinx.

This email is regarding your request to check and confirm if it is possible to ship below given item. We would like to inform you that yes, you can ship below given item.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/SOG-Seal-Team ... K/21635113

If we could be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,

Sumit Gogia

Borderlinx Support

can you provide me with your shipping details for this order ? AWB number and stuff.

goondasmani
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by goondasmani » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:37 pm

i dnt order now as i am busy the above was in chat with customer care person if you want u can use the reference number in your next chat