Attempts at Knifemaking: my first 2 in mumbai

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
ddh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Attempts at Knifemaking: my first 2 in mumbai

Post by ddh » Mon May 10, 2021 12:26 pm

Vimal844 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:49 pm
ImageI make this knife 2 year ago using angle grinder, wet sandpaper and metal files.
Sir please can anyone teach my how to grind a knife with an angle grinder please sir

For Advertising mail webmaster
ddh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ddh » Mon May 10, 2021 12:30 pm

astronomy.domaine wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:07 pm
Hey Vassilli, I am put up at lake homes...let's meet up sometime..!
Sir I'm from Mumbai a 20 year old and I'm into knifes and bladesmithing the only issue is i really don't know much about the craft and i really wanna get into it please sir i request you if possible i want to become your apprentice and learn the craft from you

It is unwise to post phone numbers and email addresses on the boards. Your question can be answered here, and arrangements can be made for you to then get in touch.

I request you sure please teach me

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Mon May 10, 2021 7:50 pm

Bro. I am not a knife maker or any blade Smith. I used to see the you tube for any such purpose though I don't use a angle grinder, only manual tools as I used to make some arrow heads and sharp weapons like spear and fishing tips for arrow. Few of blade makers are also the member in this great forum, they can also guide you properly in this matter.
Regards

Shivaji

Vimal844
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Vimal844 » Thu May 13, 2021 9:40 am

If you want to make knife then you realy need to start from very basic. Try to learn small things. And when you start make knife try to make small knifes . Here is example

Regards
Vimal
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.