New Design of Knife and Other sharp weapons

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: New Design of Knife and Other sharp weapons

Post by SMJ » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:24 pm

Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:ha ha ha, Bhai, I am always a law abiding citizen.
Here we have Jal, Jangal Jamin Act. You can move in Forests with any sort of Traditional Weapons like Bow and Arrows, Axe, Tangi or fish tailed axe. Bhala or timuha ( Spear or Trident Spear) but not the fire arms.
You can also keep them in any No. ( luckily no guide line so far) as long as you are staying in Rural area ( Gramin kshetra ), You can even hunt classified vermin's ( Right now jack rabbits, common Fruit Bats, Squirrels, Wild boars and of course a variety of birds are in the list) in and near by your agri lands. For other animals you need to file a complain to local mukhia and a copy of complain attested by mukhia need to produce at forest dept. office.
After that either forest dept. will arrange to chase away the wild folks to their area or you " May" get a permit for clean up. if no action taken then you can claim compensation for your crop loss to appropriate authorities.
Regards.
What a superb collection of blades[emoji106][emoji106] lucky that you can still walk in the jungle with all sorts of edged weapons.....wouldnt it be awesome if it was possible to carry a firearm...I'm averse to taking a life (unless it's for the pot) but nothing beats the thrill of walking through a forest with a rifle!

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

For Advertising mail webmaster
Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:30 pm

Ahh. Dear SMJ sir you again refresh the memories. Its always a good idea indeed to walk with a rifle or a Shotgun in jungle ( Nothing can match that thrill, very right you are ) but the major Prob. is law and regulation. you cant walk with a firearm in jungle or protected area ( Even if the protected area is only for Plantation and very low wild life is actually existed). Even if you managed to go in with Firearms, Shooting it in any odd condition will draw unnecessary attention and load of troubles. Even now the .22 Air rifle itself is prohibited.

I have faced it few times though we had a culling order for varmint( I am not against taking a life if its harmful or we are going to use it) , but for some animal lovers even the greater bandicoots were then cute animals, leave aside rabbits, monkeys, dove and others.. I have few fire arms ( Not in my name but belongs to my parents and uncle) in family but they are almost idle as show piece except firing once or twice just to make the Machinery working.

I was using Bow and arrows or Catapult but find a better alternative now. its a sort of dart fired from a bamboo pipe with a rubber String attached. the dart is usually bicycle spokes cut in size and sharpen at tip.
very effective and completely soundless. a very light whoosss that's it, and it can take down any small pray with one shot. You can keep it in pocket.

Will post some images soon
Regards

Shivaji

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:34 am

Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:Ahh. Dear SMJ sir you again refresh the memories. Its always a good idea indeed to walk with a rifle or a Shotgun in jungle ( Nothing can match that thrill, very right you are ) but the major Prob. is law and regulation. you cant walk with a firearm in jungle or protected area ( Even if the protected area is only for Plantation and very low wild life is actually existed). Even if you managed to go in with Firearms, Shooting it in any odd condition will draw unnecessary attention and load of troubles. Even now the .22 Air rifle itself is prohibited.

I have faced it few times though we had a culling order for varmint( I am not against taking a life if its harmful or we are going to use it) , but for some animal lovers even the greater bandicoots were then cute animals, leave aside rabbits, monkeys, dove and others.. I have few fire arms ( Not in my name but belongs to my parents and uncle) in family but they are almost idle as show piece except firing once or twice just to make the Machinery working.

I was using Bow and arrows or Catapult but find a better alternative now. its a sort of dart fired from a bamboo pipe with a rubber String attached. the dart is usually bicycle spokes cut in size and sharpen at tip.
very effective and completely soundless. a very light whoosss that's it, and it can take down any small pray with one shot. You can keep it in pocket.

Will post some images soon
Yes Shivaji Dasgupta saheb, it will indeed be a problem to walk with a firearm unless permitted to do so let alone shoot something! As you rightly said .22 air rifles are now a big question mark. Doing target shooting outdoors with a .177 is also now very difficult. But you are still very lucky sir to firstly live in such a close proximity to the jungle and at least be able to carry all sorts of edged weapons! Cannot do that here even on the outskirts of the city even if you are camping or trekking-it will likely become a law and order problem[emoji52]

Look forward to the images of your bamboo pipe dart - is it similar to what the indigenous tribes of the South American jungles use?

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:54 pm

daw__1572247001_106.207.51.56.jpg
My Recent Purchase from Dimapur, Nagaland.

Few More Naga Daw I liked There but due to Problem of Carrying back I was restricted with These Two. Over all Blade Length is approx 16 InchesT. Though the Guy was saying that these are leaf springs but I find it Crude Steel Plates forged in to shape. Not Sure about the Heat Treatment Done with these Metal tools.
On My Next Visit To Nagaland, I will try to Take some more goodies back home with Me. :D :D :) :)

Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards

Shivaji

russianshooter3
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by russianshooter3 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:54 pm

Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:54 pm
daw__1572247001_106.207.51.56.jpg

My Recent Purchase from Dimapur, Nagaland.

Few More Naga Daw I liked There but due to Problem of Carrying back I was restricted with These Two. Over all Blade Length is approx 16 InchesT. Though the Guy was saying that these are leaf springs but I find it Crude Steel Plates forged in to shape. Not Sure about the Heat Treatment Done with these Metal tools.
On My Next Visit To Nagaland, I will try to Take some more goodies back home with Me. :D :D :) :)

Regards
looks like russian condrat knife
but condrat knife is combat knife looks like dagger
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.