ordered a karambit from knifecentre.

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
sumanngon
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

ordered a karambit from knifecentre.

Post by sumanngon » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:35 pm

Ordered a pair of karambit from Knifecentre. The blade is 5.12 inch. Thy have notified me of the shipping through USPS. Now what happens? I have never ordered through international site before. What are the steps that are about to unfold that I have to go through? Is there any follow-up that I need to do from Bangalore?

For Advertising mail webmaster
abhiram
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: ordered a karambit from knifecentre.

Post by abhiram » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:27 pm

Usually knife center ships using FedEx or DHL. I am surprised that they sent using USPS. You can track the shipment using tracking number if you got it from them. Since it is sent to you using USPS, you might have to provide invoice and payment details to customs for assessment and pay the duty on delivery to the postman. If it was sent using FedEx, they usually take care of clearance and you have to pay the amount on delivery to the delivery person.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
- In Omnia Paratus -

sumanngon
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by sumanngon » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:39 pm

Received a reply from USPS on my karambit. Can anyone tell me what does this mean? Has the customs retained it or cleared it? Where do I contact?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

abhiram
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by abhiram » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:02 pm

Try tracking here:

http://ipsweb.ptcmysore.gov.in/ipswebtr ... submit.htm

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
- In Omnia Paratus -

sumanngon
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by sumanngon » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:22 pm

Finally my Schrade SCH 112 double edged Shasta Mcnasty Karambits arrive. Extremely happy with the knives but a bit cheesed off with the sheath... deployment is darn risky. A much affordable knife lands up with me at Rs. 11000!!!!Thanks to Indian duty structure....didn't knew double edged knife has a separate and higher duty than a single edge knife!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sci-fic
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Sci-fic » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:16 pm

sumanngon wrote:Finally my Schrade SCH 112 double edged Shasta Mcnasty Karambits arrive. Extremely happy with the knives but a bit cheesed off with the sheath... deployment is darn risky. A much affordable knife lands up with me at Rs. 11000!!!!Thanks to Indian duty structure....didn't knew double edged knife has a separate and higher duty than a single edge knife!
what it the length of the hilt????
The duties charged by the customs are always in the nature of punishing, at least you have got your Karambits and also it looks cool, have a happy and safe practice with it, good luck :cheers:

marksman_dd
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by marksman_dd » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:02 am

Beauty...
Congrats

Sent from my F8332 using Tapatalk

faster, faster, faster, faster .......
till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death