An Original Mizo Bowie

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

An Original Mizo Bowie

Post by jonahpach » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:25 pm

OK Mates hang on to your hats! Here's the type of Bowie that we have started to produce..

This guy is mighty handy with his hands!

Actual Products next week folks!

Jonah
Speak softly and carry a big gun!

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:44 pm

You should call it the Mizo Copy-Cat Bowie. That's a carbon copy of the Puma bowie, right down to the position of the lanyard hole, you blighter! :mrgreen:

jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: An Original Mizo Bowie

Post by jonahpach » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:10 pm

Unfortunately Rusty's got it all wrong.. The photo IS of the Puma Bowie.. My caption says
Here's the type of Bowie that we have started to produce..
Have u ever wondered how may types of 'Original' Bowies there are out there?? Well you can bet your Brown A _ _ that the 'Mizo Bowie' is going to be another addition to the count..

Unlike in the photo which is admittedly a 'German Made Puma Bowie' Wonder how the germans came up with an 'original' without copying... The 'Mizo Bowie' is going to be a full tang bowie with brass bolsters in the rear and front.. The Quillon will also be made of Brass.. Unlike the Puma which is made of PEWTER!! IT can break! The handle would most probably Burmese Rosewood/Teak/Or an exotic Mizo wood which I am unable to identify at the moment.

Be patient Rusty..

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:29 pm

[quote="jonahpach";p="295 The photo IS of the Puma Bowie.. My caption says [/quote]

Then why does it have 'Original Mizo Bowie' written across it :roll:

Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:00 pm

How much for the Bowie delivered to Hyderabad and whatever happened to the IFG knives and designs that several of us had submitted ? With the IFG anniversary coming up, maybe we should revive that again.

Are you also planning on other designs/models ?

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:05 am

No need to get your nickers in a twist, Jonah. :mrgreen:

I don't own Puma, so it's no skin off my nose if you shamelessly copy their design (tch, tch) and try to pass it off as your own. :mrgreen:

Lenny
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Lenny » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:46 am

Hi Jonah

Any pricing on that,

looks good in the photo ( is it the actual product/ prototype ?)

waiting for some more news

Lenny

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:48 am

Jonah,
Congrats on the 'innovation'... and i quite like it too. Hope to own them as soon as they are made available...

Cud u ask the craftsman to design the handle like the Mauser bayonet - something to make it slightly 'in' ?? Maybe just a bit of curve towards the bottom exposing metal a bit more... ??

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:05 pm

Jonah,

Great stuff,could this just become the IFG knife :wink: ,that we have all debated about in the past,with no

results.

For sure there would be a lot of takers :)

Something to think about,you might just have your hands full :)

Cheers

Sanjay

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:45 pm

But how can puma be an original bowie? Bowie was the guy who died in the Alamo in the USA or what later became a part of the USA. The Bowie naturally is American in origin and so whoever makes it makes a copy right? So how does it matter if our dear Mizo copies it or the Germans do. ;-)
Me on the waiting list too Jonah, please to make one pointy toothpick quickly.

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:52 pm

Makes no difference to me who copies what but it did amuse me to see that blighter trying to pass it off as an 'original' design.

BTW, the Puma Bowie is only partially inspired by the original bowie not an exact copy. ;)

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:13 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="29540 wrote: Makes no difference to me who copies what but it did amuse me to see that blighter trying to pass it off as an 'original' design.

BTW, the Puma Bowie is only partially inspired by the original bowie not an exact copy. ;)
But the moment he uses the word bowie we all know right...in a way an oxymoron right out. Nice looking toothpick though. ;-)

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by jonahpach » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:13 pm

Makes no difference to me who copies what but it did amuse me to see that blighter trying to pass it off as an 'original' design.
This 'blighter' is amused by your amusement.. And your incessant and unnecessary nitpicking.. Nevertheless This 'Original Mizo Bowie' is as original as a 'Mizo Bowie' will ever get..

By the way you just counted yourself out from my list of 'free sample' receipients not that it would bother you much anyway.. That would make two of us!

keep up the good work Rusty! Somehow, I wonder what IFG would be without you.. :wink:

Jonah

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:25 pm

By the way you just counted yourself out from my list of 'free sample' receipients not that it would bother you much anyway..
LOL. Reminds me of the spoilt little brats who would take their bat and ball home if you disagreed with them.
Somehow, I wonder what IFG would be without you...
Perhaps you should do a poll. Haven't had one of those, "Just how horrid is that Mack The Knife Bana?" in quite a while. :mrgreen:

jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by jonahpach » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:02 pm

WAAAAHH! Where's my pappa! :P Uncle Rusty's taken away my ball... Waaah!

Jokes apart, U need to take that chip off your shoulder pal.. Your disagreement hasnt been anything more than nitpicking and as a MOD I was just expecting that you of all people would appreciate a fellow members constructive initiative. No matter how small...

I am not trying pull the wool over any member by way of professing to have produced an "Original Bowie".. (If there ever is one) It's all there for members to see.. The workshop and the local craftsmen who have put in their sweat to produce it... Here in Mizoram any knife that is made in this particular shape and style is called a Bowie. Just like calling a spade a spade!

If it amuses you to no end by belittling a minor fellow forum member (Blighter) I hope you are Hilarious by now!
Last edited by jonahpach on Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.