Fällkniven Modern Bowie - Hello Big Brother

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
zombie
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Fällkniven Modern Bowie - Hello Big Brother

Post by zombie » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:18 pm

Recently I came to know that Fallkniven released a new lot of Modern Bowie (MB) in the market at around €800 (or SEK 8,739 if you are in Sweden).

Of course, now prices vary based on where you want to buy from. Anyhow, coming back to the topic, an announcement of new stock of Fallkniven reminded me that I too own one of those beasts and had kept it as a safe queen (or king if you please). I have never discussed it before, so thought about sharing my views about Fallkniven MB.

There is a short back story about how I came in possession of this beautiful blade. A colleague of mine had gone to China to coordinate with our team over there. Since he didn't have much luggage and can understand my craziness about knives, he was happy to bring some knives for me from China. Since I was not sure how strict (or lenient) Chinese Customs are with somebody bringing a knife over in checked in luggage, I decided to test waters with a Coldsteel Micro Recon. Yeah, that tiny little bug*3r was supposed to be my keychain. While looking for an authorized distributor for Coldsteel, I came across Mr. Wong. While going through his website (which didn't look that great) I stumbled across wonder of wonders - a Fallkniven MB. I had always wanted to buy it but either it was out of stock at most vendors or people were reluctant to carry it for me or it was twice the actual cost.

So I was really excited when I found it in China of all the places. Since China is notorious for manufacturing and selling counterfeit products, I was really skeptical about buying such an expensive knife from a Chinese website. I had lengthy discussions with Mr. Wong and finally decided to order MB and Micro Recon from him from him.

When I received both these knives, I was very excited. Although both knives are diametrically opposite on almost every count, both of them have their uses. I will talk about Coldsteel Micro Recon in a separate post and stick to MB for now.
IMG_20180628_222423.jpg
MB came in a nice box with a hologram to check the authenticity of the product. That's a good thing considering the value of the product. Inside this box was a really sturdy case. When you open the case, you are greeted you are filled with awe. Instead of naming MB as Modern Bowie, Fallkniven should call it Massive Beast because that's what it is.
IMG_20180628_222819001.jpg
Along with MB, the case also houses a leather sheath and DC4 sharpening stone. The sheath is pretty thick and heavy. I would have loved a Zytel sheath. I hate the rattle but prefer its lighter weight.

It is definitely a heavy and outrageous knife. But hey, we all tend to go little crazy at times and this was my crazy moment. It really enjoys hanging out with its brethren of Fallkniven F1, S1 and A1.
IMG_20180628_223332.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Guns are not evil. Humans are

Savaj Outdoors channel: www.youtube.com/savajoutdoors

For Advertising mail webmaster
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Fällkniven Modern Bowie - Hello Big Brother

Post by xl_target » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:45 pm

That is a Big Boy!
That is a nice looking set of Fallkniven knives, Zombie.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941