Bladesmiths/knifemakers Hyderabad

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
supershaji
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Bladesmiths/knifemakers Hyderabad

Post by supershaji » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:34 am

Mike B wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:38 pm
Thanks to all for the help and information. Just to be clear - neither my questions here on this forum nor my trip to India is predicated on promoting any products. I'm simply interested in learning more about individual craftsmen and their methods during my stay in India. I also own a farm in Kansas. If I can't find a knife maker in Hyderabad I'll spend my free time learning about agricultural practices in India. Now please don't tell me that crops aren't grown in the region! :)

You must make an appointment with the State Agricultural University in Attapur, Hyderabad. You'll love it
chitty-vitty, bang-shang

For Advertising mail webmaster
supershaji
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by supershaji » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:37 am

Mike B wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:08 pm
Thanks to all and would be happy to receive the perspective of knife makers and enthusiasts in India by meeting or other means when I am in India. I will be in Hyderabad on unrelated business (unrelated to the knife business) the last week of February and then to Goa for the weekend and then back to Hyderabad for a few days. I hope that Mr. Supershaji's contact works out because that's the best opportunity presented to date.

I have been somewhat surprised by some bits and pieces I've picked up while researching this topic. I ran across a post asking " where can I purchase a pocket knife in Hyderabad?" This was my first clue that things might be somewhat different in India than here because pocket knives are as common here as tea is in China (and India as well as I understand) so learning something about regulations and practices regarding knives in India would be enlightening.

I'll direct message you his contacts and you could start to correspond right away. I'll give him a heads up too.

Cheers
chitty-vitty, bang-shang

Mike B
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Mike B » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:43 am

Thanks supershaji - much appreciated.

Mike B
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Mike B » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:26 pm

To: Pistolero and Supershaji - I can read your PM's but can't figure out how to reply. When I try to reply I get the following message:

"We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more in discussions to be able to use this feature."

Perhaps I'm simply not smart enough to figure out how to use this particular forum software platform. My direct email is [email protected] so please feel free to use that means of contacting me.

supershaji
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by supershaji » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:51 am

Mike B wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:26 pm
To: Pistolero and Supershaji - I can read your PM's but can't figure out how to reply. When I try to reply I get the following message:

"We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more in discussions to be able to use this feature."

Perhaps I'm simply not smart enough to figure out how to use this particular forum software platform. My direct email is [email protected] so please feel free to use that means of contacting me.
Just saw this, hope its not too late, emailing you now Mike
chitty-vitty, bang-shang

ddh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ddh » Mon May 10, 2021 12:48 pm

Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:43 am
Any blade of length more than 6 inches of length is not permitted in India. As per law you can't carry them with you any where. But there are some points in the law which differs the first rule. Like the Kitchen Knifes and the Choppers of different purpose are usually more than 6 inches of Length and they are permitted. Blades used for Crop Cutting and other similar purpose is also permitted under agricultural tools.

Regards
Hello sir I'm a 20 year old mbbs student who's into knives and bladesmithing in general but i want someone to teach me the ropes or knife making please help me sir
And teach me
Please do not share your personal contact information on the public forum for your own security-Moderator