Call to ban ‘killer’ kitchen knives

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:15 am

from the UK Sunday August 13 2017, The Sunday Times:

New Point knives were designed to prevent crime and are also generally safer: ‘It’s not going to fall off a surface and stab you in the foot,’ says Crichton
NEW POINT
The new chairman of the Royal College of Psychiatrists in Scotland is calling for a ban on the sale of pointed kitchen knives to reduce the number of fatal stabbings.

Dr John Crichton first suggested the move three years ago but the idea failed to gain traction with ministers and policy-makers.

In that time, dozens of people, including schoolchildren, have tragically lost their lives after a knife attack.

Crichton said research shows that many attacks, especially in high-risk households where there has been a history of violence, involve kitchen knives because they are ubiquitous.

“Why do we need these potentially deadly weapons at home?” asked Crichton.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/call ... -v0g2tvwnh

This is the British response to domestic violence, where abusive husbands are beating, choking, and stabbing their wives. My Wife, after learning of the attempts of governments to distribute these "safe knives," asked why they don't just cut off the hands of the abusive husbands, so that they could not beat, choke, and stab their wives, and leave the kitchen knives alone?

Apparently, in the British view, my Wife does not appreciate the fact that knives are evil and cause violence, not people!
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

For Advertising mail webmaster
4X4
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Call to ban ‘killer’ kitchen knives

Post by 4X4 » Sat Dec 25, 2021 7:54 am

Kitchen knife blades are extremely sharp , these knives are designed to last pretty long life , ask the ones who have had cut their fingers while chopping veggies, the cuts are very deep compared to the force applied to cut veggies.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:27 am

Click on the picture and notice the point.

Harry S. Truman

veejosh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by veejosh » Sat Dec 25, 2021 4:07 pm

timmy wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:27 am
Click on the picture and notice the point.
Someone missed the “point”!

A pointless would be inhumane.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:50 pm

:lol: @Timmy I think you missed the obvious sarcasm of "4x4" or so I hope! 😉

In my defence, I've tried very very hard to work in the kitchen with "not so sharp" knives. Unfortunately, they simply don't work! It's a particularly difficult situation and I'm open to any suggestions on how to get about the kitchen work using a "not so sharp" knife.... all responses and advice is most welcome.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:57 am

mundaire wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:50 pm
:lol: @Timmy I think you missed the obvious sarcasm of "4x4" or so I hope! 😉
I did! Sorry, 4x4!

The whole business had me so worked up. I cannot understand these people, in this case a highly educated person, trying to lay the blame for human misdeeds on inanimate objects. How human, and how sad, to blame other things for our misdeeds.

Frankly, just looking at those things (the knives) makes me think that they, and the concept behind them, are so ridiculous that I can hardly believe that any credible person would espouse their use, and instead I'd think they were some photoshop joke if I didn't know better.

Sorry, brothers, I need to take a deep breath! I beg your pardons!

Harry S. Truman

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:06 am

Just out of spite, I sat and honed the kitchen knives to cut paper slivers. 🤬
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:02 am

Good grief. The absurdity of this suggestion and the sheer stupidity of the logic behind it is astounding[emoji849]

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:29 am

What a joke!

The next step is to make Kitchen Knives BLUNT so that they cannot be used to slit someone's throat!! ROTFL
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

Woods
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Woods » Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:50 pm

Britons earned frustration also as a byproduct of rampant "liberalism " ( as so called liberals call themselves. I see them as haters ) and illegal immigration. Dissappointed with society at large they tufn to easy targets ie their spouses . The guy is trying to cash in the opportunity with his idea of knives . It does not have anything to do with logic its a matter of profit and representation of a product. Well , a society soaked in liberalism cease to care about logic largely . All things should be politically correct and certified to be good by these self righteous screaming haters .

I too use a knife in my kitchen that does not have a point but I doubt they will appreciate it though :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Great men are not born great , they grow great .

rahulbdelhi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by rahulbdelhi » Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:31 pm

What are they going to ban next? scissors, ice-picks, eating forks, safety-pins??
Domestic violence, mass shootings, all are indicators of deep rooted problems in society. They should try to fix the root causes rather than the symptoms.

gladson1976
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by gladson1976 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:39 pm

rahulbdelhi wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:31 pm
What are they going to ban next? scissors, ice-picks, eating forks, safety-pins??
Domestic violence, mass shootings, all are indicators of deep rooted problems in society. They should try to fix the root causes rather than the symptoms.
I guess you could add toothpicks also to the list. they are also sharp and can put out an eye easily

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:45 am

It's only a matter of time until "arms" license will mean literally that- the government will decide whether or not your hands are deadly weapons[emoji849]

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

4X4
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by 4X4 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:20 pm

Yes true , all that the Government can do is name a revolver after a rape victim, and make buying it so tough for women , that many such new launch revolvers can be named with further rape victims.

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:12 am

This guy should probably get neutered / Deballed - he is a potential rape threat.
/S
timmy wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:15 am
from the UK Sunday August 13 2017, The Sunday Times:

New Point knives were designed to prevent crime and are also generally safer: ‘It’s not going to fall off a surface and stab you in the foot,’ says Crichton
NEW POINT
The new chairman of the Royal College of Psychiatrists in Scotland is calling for a ban on the sale of pointed kitchen knives to reduce the number of fatal stabbings.

Dr John Crichton first suggested the move three years ago but the idea failed to gain traction with ministers and policy-makers.

In that time, dozens of people, including schoolchildren, have tragically lost their lives after a knife attack.

Crichton said research shows that many attacks, especially in high-risk households where there has been a history of violence, involve kitchen knives because they are ubiquitous.

“Why do we need these potentially deadly weapons at home?” asked Crichton.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/call ... -v0g2tvwnh

This is the British response to domestic violence, where abusive husbands are beating, choking, and stabbing their wives. My Wife, after learning of the attempts of governments to distribute these "safe knives," asked why they don't just cut off the hands of the abusive husbands, so that they could not beat, choke, and stab their wives, and leave the kitchen knives alone?

Apparently, in the British view, my Wife does not appreciate the fact that knives are evil and cause violence, not people!
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.