Sling Bow.. any user here, need some suggestion

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Sling Bow.. any user here, need some suggestion

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:51 pm

I am using Bow and Arrows for more than 40 yrs. At present I am designing a sling Bow as it's easy to carry and light weight. As I am designing one for my use I have few questions which can only answered by some Sling bow users. I see a lot of you tube videos but it's not solving the purpose. My questions are
1. Length of the arro?? Normal it's 30inch or some times 36 for long range shooting.
2. What is ideal arrow fetching for a sling Bow. Synthetic or feathers. Some of the YouTube videos showing arrows without any fletching but in that case how it will stabilize in flight.
3. What is the normal range of sling Bow
4. Is it effective for say a 40/50 yrds target shooting
5. How is power in sling bows.

If anyone can help in this matter then pls reply
Regards

Shivaji

For Advertising mail webmaster
Woods
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Sling Bow.. any user here, need some suggestion

Post by Woods » Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:54 am

Length of the arrow will depend upon the length to which you stretch the sling ( string )

Used tent fiberglass rods make very sturdy arrow spine if you succeed in splitting the rear end .

An arrow without rear feathers is prone to unstable flight path . They sometime depend upon nose heavy construction but nonetheless . Plastic playing cards may be used for making rear feathers - a good material .

" Range " invariably depends upon how much power you give it by stretching the sling . For example look thick sling rubber needs less length to be stretched but requires equally solid hand . Another factor is precision which will depend on the user skill . Your points #3 and 5 are same basically .

As for # 4 a sling bow shooting even a self made fibreglass arrow will hit the target at 50 yards . Definitely a precision made arrow will do the same . We can buy a good sling rubber from any medical shop .
Great men are not born great , they grow great .