.32 S&W KF vs Imported ammo

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Re: KF vs Magtech

Post by Olly » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:30 pm

TwoRivers";p="44795 wrote:Olly: Can you see me rolling my eyes, shaking my head, and pulling out my hair? What is that barrel made of, pot metal?
I'd like to think the same way when IOF sold a new smooth bore revolver to one of our guys here....
With that consideration, anything is possible....

For Advertising mail webmaster
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:05 pm

Olly,
take your revolver to a decent machinist to check out the cylinder,chamber dia, forcing cone and gap between end of cylinder and beginning of barrel.doesent need a gunsmith-a half decent machinist should be able to check the 'truing' and also if the pawl is cut correctly.A lot of file/emery cloth or valve grinding paste will help out...
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:21 pm

Doc,
I've shown the rev and explained the problem to Shamshuddin Gun House guy. He says that I need to fire 6-10 shots of Magtech ammo and then see if the rev jams or does anything abnormal.... Acc to him KF causes all sorts of problems. In fact, it was he who took out the Verniers Caliphers to measure 3-4 ACP .32 KF ammo and showed us inconsistencies in all the rounds... If my memory serves me right, Sanjay was with me that day...

If the Rev still misbehaves with Magtech, then he'll do something about it...

shahid

Post by shahid » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:28 am

Consistency in IOF ammo cannot be trusted.
In by Beretta pistol the IOF, KF .32 ACP jams after every 2 / 3 shots fired. No problems occur with good ammo of any international make, but KF usually fails to load into the breech chamber after the empty is ejected. It jams the pistol. A very unsafe situation if expecting trouble really. The holder will be rendered defenseless.

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

.32 S&W . KF vs Imported ammo

Post by The Doc » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:38 pm

Gentlemen,

In a .32 revolver , which ammo should be used preferably? KF .32 S&W or any imported one? The cost of imported one is about 4 times the KF ammo.

Also what are the ill effects of prolonged usage of KF ammo on the revolver ? The revolver in question is S&W .32 in J frame.

best,

RP.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

nm
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by nm » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:35 pm

What is the make of revolver?

"Olly" has had a very bad experiance with KF ammo in IOF revolver....
The ammo was quite inconsistant!!!

TC,
Nishant

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:30 pm

Doc,
One should use KF only as practice rounds and have a cylinder full of cartridges made by reputed makers while carrying it for protection. Always be on the look out for duds/hang fires while practicing with KF loads as the bullets lodge in the barrel, and in case of revolvers, the next shot fired may ruin your gun or your hand or both and the shooter in the adjacent lane.. Also clean the barrel/cylinder with hot water and soap solution after you've shot KF loads. No chemical or lube will restore the shine of the rifling if once lost due to neglect. Also, pay attention to all the innards that have the burn deposits and clean it. . In short, KF needs a lot of elbow grease. At times, the uneven thickness of the rims of our KF loads especially .22 ammo, puts strain on the cylinder arm as they rub against the recoil shield while rotating and over the time causes the timing to go off in a revolver. My friend ruined his NIB Colt Diamondback .22 in this manner because he tried saving on ammo cost. Another friend ruined his newly purchased H&H 12 bore (Badmington) in a month's time assuming his gun keeper must have cleaned it after a shoot. So much for KF ammo and by now you must have realized how fond I am of it. Your S&W certainly deserves good clean ammo.
Marksman
Exercise in Logic:
Given that there are far more good guys than bad guys, what would happen if all good guys and all bad guys were armed???......Simple, isn't it ?---Jeff Cooper

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't
be any India because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our
women and breed a hardier race!"

Shamsher
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Shamsher » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:18 pm

Hi Doc,
Use the KF rounds whenever u can.
but always keep your magazing loaded with the imported stuff. u never know when u might need to use it.
SS

indian
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: .32 S&W . KF vs Imported ammo

Post by indian » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:48 pm

make sure you clean the gun throughly after using KF ammo,even after a single shot :)

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:19 am

After firing KF ammo, you'd need about 8-10 pull-thru's and some real effort to clean up all the mess in the barrel... it is indeed one of the shittiest ammo you could possibly buy....

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:49 pm

All the imported stuff is at least 2-3 years old,if not older.In most cases you have no way of finding out how old it really is.

I NEVER had a misfire or a hang-fire with fresh KF ammo.I also have never found it to be a problem cleaning my guns after firing.You always clean them after you have fired them,no matter what the brand of ammo. used or how clean it looks.Performance wise,you would be hard pressed to notice any difference between the KF .32 and the S&B and Magtech cartridges that you find in the market.

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:45 am

Besides the fact that virtually every KF round does fire, I have serious misgivings about the accuracy and dirt thrown by the KF ammo.

It has happened with me far too many times for a thought otherwise...

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:25 pm

But for .22KF ammo. never had any accuracy issues with the rest of what they make and sell in the civilian market.

shahid

Post by shahid » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:04 am

I have personal experience of misfire and fired shell splitting with IOF ammo in .32 ACP, misfire only in .32 rev, case splitting and misfires in IOF .315 and plenty of misfires, bullet loose, poor finish thus not chambeing properly and inaccuracy in IOF 22LR

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:43 pm

Ofcourse, I forgot to add the bonus of firing KF... you get burst cases with 'hand' threatening consequences... FREE... :evil: