Buying Air Gun Scope

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
gunner007
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Buying Air Gun Scope

Post by gunner007 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:58 pm

Hi guys!! In this topic, I am going to help you buy your very first air rifle scope completely HASSLE FREE!!
While going through many posts, I found people enquiring abut scopes, where to buy them etc. While scopes are restricted items and importing them could be quite a task, hence please read this post very carefully. To buy your scope just visit the following link:
http://www.ebay.in
And in the search bar, type 'scope' and voila!!!! You ill get all types of scopes, scopes for air guns etc. They store some local made scopes that cost around 1500 bucks whereas Bushnell scopes start from 3000 bucks. The very high-end models of scope cost around 20k and have high power of magnification alongwith laser pointers etc.

A word of caution: Remember to type ebay.in AND NOT ebay.com otherwise you will be directed to the company's US website and then you will have one hell of a task buying the scope.

Well, now that you are informed, go and have fun! Happy shopping!!

For Advertising mail webmaster
tonysilas
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Buying Air Gun Scope

Post by tonysilas » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:16 am

nice post and thanks MR.007
:cheers:
‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’

dse7en
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by dse7en » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:33 am

I've tried www.ebay.in as I type, but no result for air rifle scope. All the results were binoculars, telescope etc. Anyway, have you tried it? And is it really worth buying it from ebay?

miss_3006
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by miss_3006 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:09 pm

Quite a few scopes on ebay are fakes. So beware.

rishudhawan
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by rishudhawan » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:12 pm

most of them are way over priced, check out deal extreme, they ship to india

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:57 pm

Tried ebay.in, no result for air gun scopes (got some book on Scope of Agricultural Reforms in India :( )

Tried ebay.com - "cannot ship these items to India, prohibited, etc."

20North.com - same, and giving scopes which require grooves, lands, to be purchased, total cost will be 2-3 times more than my gun!!

Can anybody tell me why I cannot import an Airsoft gun legally into this country? I can't violate Commonwealth Games security with an Airsoft, anyway!!!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

Rajat
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Rajat » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:29 pm

The process described by you does not work. Did you check before posting? If it works please post a screenshot so we may know where we went wrong. Thanks.

thomasan
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by thomasan » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:27 pm

Dear Friends,

I tried ebay UK and found many scopes which they can ship it to India.
Most of the sellers are in Hong Kong and they use ebay.co.uk to sell their items. Check the Postage and Payment tab for shipping cost.
Few of them are.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4x20-TELESCOPIC-2 ... 5ade45da53

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4x20-Red-Lens-Air ... 1964632267

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4X20-TELESCOPIC-A ... 2eb1df2bc5

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SMK-AIR-RIFLE-SCO ... 45f7a18865

Thanks
Thomasan

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:35 pm

Thomasan,

I would be wary of cheap scopes from Hong Kong. Not only would the quality be sub standard, it is anybody's guess how they would measure up to a springer's recoil. As mis3006 hinted, I wouldn't be surprised if any "branded" ones are simply cheap Chinese copies.

Also, what happens when the parcel goes through Indian customs? Who knows

As far as searching online goes, I can suggest you type scopes /riflescopes rather than air gun scopes in your search field. When the list comes up, I'm afraid it is manually judging whether they are capable of mounting on an air gun
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

meow
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by meow » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:26 pm

Probably those who had bought scopes in a similar way (from websites) can share their experience and information. Else this thread is going no where.

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:42 am

meow wrote: Else this thread is going no where.
No thanks to you. Instead of whinging about the matter, why don't you you get in touch with gunner007, since he is promising everyone a "hassle free" import
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

SRI 420
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by SRI 420 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:02 am

Hi Rajat,
e.bay.in did show sale of scope when you type scope in the search bar, here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.in/Yukon-Hunter-3-9-x-4 ... 3f065f5cdd

and what Rishu Dhawan says "most of them are way over priced, check out deal extreme, they ship to india" also makes sense!
Thanks,

Srinivas.
It is nice to be important: But it is more important to be Nice!

davidj7
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by davidj7 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:00 pm

most of the scopes listed in ebay.in are cheap Chinese ones. I did buy a scope from UK website . I went for a cheap one since I was unsure about the customs part . I bought a 4x 20 Tasco and it landed in my letter box in 10 days . The declaration given by seller was " Optical Scope" . I didn't give any specific instructions to the seller about the declaration .A lot of my non gun related items had been confiscated by customs and I had to go to the postal customs office and got it cleared . Finally when I got the courage to buy a real expensive one at ebay.co.uk , I found manicks was selling a gamo special scope here and I bought it .
Its basically how lucky you are . I guess.

prasanjit.baul
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by prasanjit.baul » Fri May 13, 2011 4:17 pm

essdee1972 wrote:Tried ebay.in, no result for air gun scopes (got some book on Scope of Agricultural Reforms in India :( )
ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

saifdiwan
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by saifdiwan » Fri May 13, 2011 4:41 pm

Hello everyone:

I am planning to visit Hong Kong. We can get the scope in checked baggage, right? Can someone shed some light?

Thanks,
Saif