best holster for concealed carry in india

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

best holster for concealed carry in india

Post by dr.jayakumar » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:46 am

hello everyone,i have been carrying my handgun for the past three years,in a cloth self made holster.there seems to be no holster that could let you tuck your shirt in and still conceal the gun.the one's advertised abroad does not fit our handguns.any suggestion and experiance are welcome.thanks . BERETTA 1934 7.65mm
Last edited by dr.jayakumar on Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: best holster for concealed carry in india

Post by nagarifle » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:59 am

what pistol etc do you mean? sometimes there may not be a exact fitting holster for a pistol. but many do and will fit, you need to select a holster which is similar to the pistol you have.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:32 am

If you know a good boot maker or leather worker, you might be able to have one made. A simple pancake type made of leather. It is just two sheets of leather sewed together in such a way as to sandwich the gun in between. If you want boning i.e. outlining the major features, soak the holster in water, put your gun in a plastic bag and let it dry around the gun. As it is drying, you can take a rounded plastic object (bone) and mark out the contours of the gun. Since it is IWB, have them make a sweat shield on the back so no part of the metal of the gun touches our skin. Leather straps with loops can be sewn to the gun as show in photo below. You put the gun inside the waistband and the loops go around your belt. You shirt tucks in between the holster and the leather straps. If you blouse your shirt a little, it will hide the gun. The only thing visible are the loops on your belt.
It is a good idea to have the holster cover the trigger guard so the trigger cant be accidentally engaged.

Here is a simpler homemade tuckable holster.

Here is another kind of tuckable.

Here is what a sweatshield looks like
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Subal das
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Subal das » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:16 pm

Check out that one, also has pouches for magazines and knife

http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum881.php
"Loose lips sink ships"
"Curiosity kill the cat"

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:25 am

thanks xl_target, have got the idea now.will stitch one .

captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by captrakshitsharma » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:52 pm

Ok i hope im not hijacking the thread but what d you guys sat about concealing a revolver like a J frame snubnose... i find it extremely uncomfortable to be tucking it inside the belt... any suggestions...???
The best concealment i get is wearing it outside with a fobus paddle type holster with a coat or loose jacket or the same holster works wonders inside a kurta pyjama also infact i find the kurta pyjama with a paddle holster as the best concealed carry rig..lol
I dont dial 911... I dial .357

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Anand » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:28 pm

Here is a link to my holsters: http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10944
Regards,
anand

perfectionist1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by perfectionist1 » Wed May 29, 2013 11:21 pm

dr.jayakumar wrote:hello everyone,i have been carrying my handgun for the past three years,in a cloth self made holster.there seems to be no holster that could let you tuck your shirt in and still conceal the gun.the one's advertised abroad does not fit our handguns.any suggestion and experiance are welcome.thanks . BERETTA 1934 7.65mm
Dear Dr. JK,
I know giving life to an old thread, but can you share the pic of your cloth stiched holster and if you later managed to get a leather one stiched, please post the pic of that as well. Will be of great help to me, as i am looking for the similar holster to put my revolver on my waist and tuck the shirt in in ccw.

Cheers...