32 ACP + P AMMO

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
sw-of-gideon
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

32 ACP + P AMMO

Post by sw-of-gideon » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:28 pm

Can the Ashani 0.32 ACP accept +P ammo ? ( 75 gr. Hardcast F.N. 1150fps/ M.E. 220 ft. lbs )
Could the gun internals get damaged ?

For Advertising mail webmaster
farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: 32 ACP + P AMMO

Post by farook » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:08 pm

P and +P are to be used only on guns which specifically mentioned it's allowed. Ashani mentions nothing as such.
Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun

sw-of-gideon
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sw-of-gideon » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:42 pm

Keltec 32, Beretta Tom cat, walther ppk/pp all allow these +p loads.
Probably it's to do with the barrel thickness, slide and extractor.
The ashani specifies 110 MPA. SAAMI specs for 32 acp is about 23000 psi. What is the pressure for Indian made kf ammo ?
The reason for my query is that the 32 acp is a relative small caliber with just about 63 % stopping power. Therefore it is not a recommended defensive ammo. Although specific tests on 71 grain fiocchi ammo fmj has shown penetration of about 14 inches into 10% gelatin (FBI standard test/Ed Marshall), will the present KF ammo have the desired effect ? Probably shot placement to the CNS or pelvic region.

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:52 pm

Most of us god willing never have to face a real life situation. That said I have fired a few thousand .22, .32 SW L and .32 ACP. The muzzle velocity depends on the length of the barrel as well. When it comes to the power of ashani have you gone beyond the paper figures and fired it Sir. If not you must fire it and let me know of the stopping power. It has a muzzle velocity of 950 feet per second, good enough to get the job done at upto a 125 feet. It would be preferred to use a FMJ as against a hollow point as the .32 does not go beyond 73 grain.

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:50 am

Stopping power of a cartridge is relative. Even a brain shot from a 0.22 cartridge would stop a man or beast in its tracks. Where as even a heart shot from a much powerful one would not guarantee that, because there would still be enough adrenalin pumping in their system which would enable them to press home the charge if they are strong enough and determined to push home their charge especially if they were within range to do so, even if they were to die the very next moment. Not my quote but something I read somewhere, sometime and I believe it without any doubt. It is all a matter of shot placement especially with handguns.

sw-of-gideon
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sw-of-gideon » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:11 am

I do agree that these situations are rare. However, given the situation, it would be extremely difficult for an average person to place a shot to the desired location due to the tense situation.(of course unless he/she is highly trained). Well close quarter hand gun fights, normally are within 5 /6 meters. India is not known to have these common but probably for the underworld and that too calibers such as 9 mm para, 45 acp, 357 magnums would be used (of course illegally). However, in the US, these are very common but yes it does not apply to the situation we are discussing here as the configuration totally changes. Ity was just a matter of curiosity that I parried these queries. I have not fired +p loads from the Indian made ashani and I never will as I believe that given the quality of Indian made arms, this would be dangerous. However, what is quite sad is that India has been following Europe in most of its statutes and the 32 acp was a standard weapon till the late eighties. I have great respect for this well designed cartridge(John Moses Browning), given its balance and stability. Yes I do understand, that civilians here have no choice but to satisfy themselves on what is available. Probably someday, the authorities will allow the use of higher calibers which is definitely much more satisfying to use whether for hobby, sport or RLS. Well since you mentioned about the 32 SWL , this is a nice cartridge ,pretty stable and accurate but from CQ. Hower SP is less than 50 %.
To sum up yes both the 32s will do the job because nobody likes getting shot. To my knowledge, no house breaker, nor mugger , nor an attacker with ill intent would fill himself up with drugs and carry out his job. Not in India.
Thanks Guys it was kinda nice connecting as you were pretty helpful . Keep in touch.
Swofgideon

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:04 pm

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:52 pm

Well close quarter hand gun fights, normally are within 5 /6 meters. India is not known to have these common but probably for the underworld and that too calibers such as 9 mm para, 45 acp, 357 magnums would be used (of course illegally). However, in the US, these are very common
Really? Do Tell.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:44 am

sw-of-gideon wrote: The reason for my query is that the 32 acp is a relative small caliber with just about 63 % stopping power. Therefore it is not a recommended defensive ammo. Although specific tests on 71 grain fiocchi ammo fmj has shown penetration of about 14 inches into 10% gelatin (FBI standard test/Ed Marshall), will the present KF ammo have the desired effect ? Probably shot placement to the CNS or pelvic region.
"63 %" stopping power"? What absurdity is that?