RIDICULOUS!!!

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
vrohan59
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

RIDICULOUS!!!

Post by vrohan59 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:45 pm

Hi every one,
Today I went to our local gun dealer in Shillong, Meghalaya for some 12 bore and .32 ammo.This particular guy does his business from home, so if you want to buy ammo, you go to his house, he issues ammo, gives you a receipt, enters it in your licence.All this because our old gun dealer does not deal in firearms any more.Anyway, coming to the point, the bug*3r charged me 180 Rs. for a .32 and 210 Rs. for No.1 KF paper shells!
I do understand that its business, but this is the heights! At present can't go to Delhi for ammo, even there gun dealers don't like trading with us from the North East( most of them think that our licences are fake or something! ).And the guys at the Customs House are under orders not to sell any ammo during the elections, so guess will be going sometime after polls are over.So, how much are you guys shelling out for ammo, please share .
Thanks
War does not define who is right -- only who is left
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."

For Advertising mail webmaster
StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: RIDICULOUS!!!

Post by StampMaster » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:22 pm

hi,

The price paid is really high, we know this is sellers market. And just have to pay the price demanded.

Sale/purchases of arms and ammo is prohibited immediately after the election notification. I had some quota left, which i was planning to buy mid-march and due to EC and police notices I have to postpone (or my year validity may finish).

What rule is followed for ammo purchases- calender year, date of purchase of gun, license issue date?
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: RIDICULOUS!!!

Post by brihacharan » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:56 pm

vrohan59 wrote: Hi every one,
Today I went to our local gun dealer in Shillong, Meghalaya for some 12 bore and .32 ammo & the bug*3r charged me 180 Rs. for a .32 and 210 Rs. for No.1 KF paper shells! I do understand that its business, but this is the heights!
> Bl@@dy opportunists :evil:
> Either one fights it or lives with it.....tough choice...
Briha