DIY AR TARGETS BY KSHITIJ

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
Commonwealth_of_PA
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: DIY AR TARGETS BY KSHITIJ

Post by Commonwealth_of_PA » Sat May 16, 2015 2:31 am

We have target trees here but that rabbit looks like some serious quality. Well done!

For Advertising mail webmaster
A-Crossbow
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by A-Crossbow » Sat May 16, 2015 3:28 am

kshitij wrote:I would be more than glad to share the cad drawings i have made to make these or any other details required to make these. :cheers:
Please. I would like to see how it works and if possible make one for my practice :)

pramodsid
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by pramodsid » Sat May 16, 2015 12:26 pm

kshitij wrote:Sorry guys, never had any intentions of selling these. Just been a hobby for me. Plus even from a business point of view, unless i am looking at making huge quantites it wont be a viable. I would be more than glad to share the cad drawings i have made to make these or any other details required to make these. :cheers:
Kshitij makes high quality stuff, just as our fellow members mentioned, can vouch for that. Have used his targets first hand and they do take the bashing from the mightier pcp's :wink:
The greatest set back for us, as he mentioned is running a batch. Its just not practical from a business stand point as it blows the price range making it non viable for business. Even setting margins to bare min would be not be worth the effort.
Regards,
Pramod P

-----Being on par in terms of price and quality only gets you into the game------
--------------------Service wins the game---------------

cmpugay
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by cmpugay » Sun May 17, 2015 9:41 pm

Bro well if u can share drawings or websites from were u take help for making this targets then we can try to make them out

moulindu
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by moulindu » Sun May 17, 2015 10:23 pm

This is a professionally build DIY reacive target Kshitij, I am guessing there is a HFT/FT competition not very far away for the Mumbai members (y) :D
Regards Moulindu

Trajeev
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Trajeev » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:20 pm

Hi Kshitij,

I must say that your workmanship is superb.Is that Rabbit laser cut? Are you located in TTC? I too have a unit at TTC (MAhape). I will certainly contact you when my PM facility starts

Rajeev :cheers:

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:39 pm

Could you please post the drawing of the knockout target and explain the working principle. I would like to make one for myself. It would be a great help for DIY guys like me if you explain the working principle.

GNV

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:24 am

@rajeev, look forward to your PM.

@gnv, it is simple. The target has a stopper behind it such that if the pellet hits anywhere else on the rabbits body, the stopper keeps it upright. When the pellet hits the lever through the hole, it pulls the stopper back with it and the target collapses. To reset it, you only need to pull it back up with a string.
There are loads of illustrated tutorials on the net and they show how to make it using everything from wood to metal to plastic. Google.
Last edited by kshitij on Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:25 am

kshitij, not only do you have a beautiful imagination, but also the passion, patience and wherewithal to create in 3D, truly amazing examples of metal work! :D

:cheers:
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:02 pm

Thanks CK :D
Unfortunately i havent been able to go plinking for quite some time now. Need to start some time soon.
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:08 pm

kshitij wrote:Thanks CK :D
Unfortunately i havent been able to go plinking for quite some time now. Need to start some time soon.
Yes Bro!
Many moons have risen & set
Since our trigger fingers had rest,
It's time to set the targets
To save us from further regrets :D

Briha

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:08 pm

Me too, me too; I discovered that I have absolutely zero interest in shooting at paper targets. I love visual, audible and reactive plinking!

That's probably just the child in me, or I have been watching too many westerns, with cowboys shooting empty bottles off fences! :lol:
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!