Imported Ammo

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Imported Ammo

Post by Skyman » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:52 am

You can get 25.No duty, as it is under 50.How much does a .357 mag cost around there? Which revolver?
I would rather hit my target gently than miss hard.

For Advertising mail webmaster
mayur jaiswal
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by mayur jaiswal » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:40 pm

Hi just wanted to know if I has the circular of how to procure Ammo from abroad and if yes which all country can I purchase it from?

perfectionist1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by perfectionist1 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:53 pm

nagarifle wrote:
perfectionist1 wrote:Guys,

All dealers are selling Elee, Remington, S&W etc.
Please do a check.
Cheers..

All dealers :?: do not have Elee remington etc, least not my way any way.

Hi Naga,
Good to see that you changed back your icon.

Well, in Noida can be checked at Pitamber Gun shop.

Cheers.....

surajshuresh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by surajshuresh » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:59 pm

Hello can anyone give me an update on the availability and price of .357 magnum ammo in India... Thank you...

Peacefulguns
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re:

Post by Peacefulguns » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:59 pm

shahid wrote:

Then Kynoch also mentioned that they had a dealer in India, Ahmad Ilahi Baksh of Moradabad. I sent an e mail, got his number, spoke with him.

A person had to be sent to Moradabad with the licence for five working days. Only 10 are sold in a day.

However of late a gun dealer from Patna who was there for an IFG offline meet said Tahir Arms of Bombay import quite a few rifle calibres and ammunition for many many calibres inclusive of 7x57, 6.5x57, 6.5 x 54, 450/400 and .375 Magnum of both types was available. Prices in the circa of Rs. 400 each. Under the circumstances a better option I guess.
Hi Shahid,

I have an old v c shilling .311 bore rifle which takes Kynoch bullets. I have a few of them . Could you mail me the email id of the dealer in Moradabad?

I am from Patna too. I am from St Michaels Digha too. I did my ICSE IN 77.

I am unable to pm as my post count has not reached 25 as yet .

Thanks in advance.

Ajay

Peacefulguns
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Peacefulguns » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:59 pm

I finally got my hands on fifty bullets. The dealer says more are available. I hope he is right. These are smaller than the ones I already have but seem to fit in and eject well enough.

Which are the better stands available for prone position shooting?

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:20 am

Peacefulguns wrote:I finally got my hands on fifty bullets. The dealer says more are available. I hope he is right. These are smaller than the ones I already have but seem to fit in and eject well enough.

Which are the better stands available for prone position shooting?
I suppose you mean "cartridges" when you say "bullets". A "bullet" is the projectile. Bullets would do you no good unless you also have powder, primers, and reloading equipment. While you hear this term widely used, it is still incorrect and ignorant.

Your third sentence is worrisome. There are no "smaller" or larger versions of a cartridge. Just because it will enter the chamber and will extract again does not mean it is the correct cartridge for the rifle.

What exactly do you mean by "stands (available) for prone position" ?

Peacefulguns
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Peacefulguns » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:01 pm

Yes you are right. Cartridge is the right word. I think I cannot do better than to post a few photos of the cartridges. The one to the extreme right is the old one in both the photos. As you can see the diameter is the same.

He also gave me seven silver tipped ones which I guess is the solid one as opposed to the soft nosed ones. Am I right? I think he was regretting that he could not charge me more for them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Peacefulguns on Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:18 pm

Peacefulguns what bore are these? Look like 30-06 my guess but the 57 number stumps me. these aren't 357 mag revolver rounds. What the heck are they? Yes they are a collection of jacketed and soft nose bullets.

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

Peacefulguns
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Peacefulguns » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:23 pm

Hi Dev. The rifle bore is .311. The cartridges are 7.9/8 m/m. I am glad I found them but they are expensive at rs480/00 a pop. It was that or the highway.

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:41 pm

Military ball cartridges. From the bullet profile I'd say "sS' heavy ball. All of them likely corrosive primed. "57" could be the production year, or arsenal number.

Peacefulguns
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Peacefulguns » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:46 pm

Your guess about sS heavy ball is right. Wikipedia details it well. Thanks for the reference .57mm is the length .

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:49 pm

Peacefulgun,

That would be 57mm. BTW, is .311 stamped on the gun? Thanks.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Peacefulguns
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Peacefulguns » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:11 pm

I have given the gun for servicing. My efforts seemed to be a little inadequate . I will be getting it back in a couple of days, so will check it up.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:49 pm

Peacefulguns wrote:I have given the gun for servicing. My efforts seemed to be a little inadequate . I will be getting it back in a couple of days, so will check it up.

If you could post a few photos of the entire gun and also all the markings and proof-stamps, that will be kind. Thank you!

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."