Jacket cups and cartridge cases

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
onotisez
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Jacket cups and cartridge cases

Post by onotisez » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:08 am

Hi
Can someone please help me find or advise me where to find sellers of jacket cups and cartridge cases? Thanks :)

For Advertising mail webmaster
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Jacket cups and cartridge cases

Post by eljefe » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:18 pm

I don’t know where your location is, reloading as such does not exist in India. Are you looking for copper tubing to do cup and core Bullets? Look at US suppliers. Same with cases.
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

onotisez
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by onotisez » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:10 pm

Oh I'm sorry. I should've specified. I meant in India.

onotisez
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by onotisez » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:27 am

eljefe wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:18 pm
I don’t know where your location is, reloading as such does not exist in India. Are you looking for copper tubing to do cup and core Bullets? Look at US suppliers. Same with cases.
Oh I'm sorry. I should've mentioned. I'm in india. Yes I need the copper tubing/jackets and cases Like for example you have this company rashtriya metal. They make them. Would you be aware of other sellers?

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:17 am

Answer still remains, as above.
since there is no reloading happening in India, the knowledge of swaging/sizing and forming C&C projectiles may not be easily available. Its legal and I have made C&C projectiles, where I AM.
Please check your local laws.
A brief guide -you can draw jackets from copper strips and proceed. It will involve a fair bit of machining and trial to get the dies right-as in:

there are other vids on similar lines.
An easier method will be to use a smaller caliber casing to make a bullet
e.g .22 RF to make 40-45 gr .223"
you'll have to make a die to cut off the rim of the LR , and then various draw,seating and point form dies, lead wire, ensure cases are cleaned inside and tinned,etc.
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

onotisez
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by onotisez » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:14 pm

eljefe wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:17 am
Answer still remains, as above.
since there is no reloading happening in India, the knowledge of swaging/sizing and forming C&C projectiles may not be easily available. Its legal and I have made C&C projectiles, where I AM.
Please check your local laws.
A brief guide -you can draw jackets from copper strips and proceed. It will involve a fair bit of machining and trial to get the dies right-as in:

there are other vids on similar lines.
An easier method will be to use a smaller caliber casing to make a bullet
e.g .22 RF to make 40-45 gr .223"
you'll have to make a die to cut off the rim of the LR , and then various draw,seating and point form dies, lead wire, ensure cases are cleaned inside and tinned,etc.

Alright. Thanks for your help :)