Flash light vs laser light on a IOF PAG

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
Kundra127
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Flash light vs laser light on a IOF PAG

Post by Kundra127 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:08 pm

Kindly suggest which one is a better choice .. also would putting a scope on the PAG be a good decision ... have recently seen many people having scopes on their PAG s

For Advertising mail webmaster
timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Flash light vs laser light on a IOF PAG

Post by timmy » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:39 am

Whatever you choose, note that each may make your shotgun more cumbersome and somewhat heavier, depending on what kind of device you buy. I would suggest that you consider these options:

1. A 'scope: For shotguns, these are usually low powered, with fixed magnification between 1x and 2x, or variables from 1x to 4x. You will need bases and rings, which may cost a fair amount.

2. Red dot: These have an optical piece of glass (no magnification) upon which a red dot is projected. You line up the red dot on the target and you're ready to go. The dots come in different sizes, with larger ones used for closer range.

These two choices are sometimes used in some places for using a shotgun for game hunting, often with a slug load. The 'scope would have some limitations due to its magnification, if your intended use is at very close range.

3. Laser sight: with this, a red dot is projected onto the target after the device is aligned. The red dot is placed on the target and you're ready to fire. A laser sight has the advantage of working in darkness. This sounds simple, but remember, the dot does not illuminate the target, and the first rule of shooting is to know what you are shooting at! I was in a gun shop once, where the owner was talking about a customer who had a laser sight on his pistol. He heard a noise and got up, pistol in hand, to investigate. He saw a shape and cut loose several rounds at the possible intruder. Turning on the lights, he found he'd put a number of holes in his wife's expensive fur coat. I think you get the idea: it's nice to put the red dot on something and pull the trigger, and the red dot appearing on someone's shirt may make them think twice. But in a dark situation, the red dot won't help you to tell if you are aiming at some goonda or at your teenaged son, up getting a glass of water.

4. Flashlight: This is a less expensive way to go. The mount may cost more than the flashlight! With an LED bulb and a focusing beam, it would be simple to adjust a flashlight for a small beam at short range. The light also helps illuminate the target. One problem here is this: If a robber sees a flashight pointed at him, might he not aim his own weapon at the beam of light?

I'm thinking that you need to consider your use of the sight and the location of where you might use the shotgun, when considering what to mount on it. Sometimes these magazines and movies don't always present every aspect of such gadgets, which look interesting, but often have some drawbacks, too.

Think about this and let us know how your choice works out for you.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

Kundra127
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Flash light vs laser light on a IOF PAG

Post by Kundra127 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:07 am

Thanks for the info .. post your comment i believe it is better to leave my PAG as it is .. 😊😊