Need 16mm scope mount for cz brno Mod 2 .22 LR

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
javedali923
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Need 16mm scope mount for cz brno Mod 2 .22 LR

Post by javedali923 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:15 pm

Dear Team
recently i buy a scope for my Bruno Mod 2 .22 LR rifle. I want to purchase a High Rings Scope mounts for 30 mm scope tube.I am from Himachal kindly advise the beast for same. Attached is my scope images.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Need 16mm scope mount for cz brno Mod 2 .22 LR

Post by timmy » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:28 am

The important thing is your "cheek weld". That's where your cheek bone rests against the top of the stock. This is the ideal way to shoot the rifle. You want the proper weld, which also feels natural, for three reasons:

1. You get a firm mounting of your head to the gun, which gives you a steady sight picture (rather than having your head floating in the air, trying to find the right sight picture).

2. Your head being firmly against the stock will help steady the shooter-gun combination.

3. Putting your head to the stock in the same place in the same way every time is how you can achieve consistency in your shooting.

Positioning the scope on your rifle is the task, and because of the cheek weld issue, you may usually find the best place to position the scope as low to the receiver/action as you can. (This also helps eliminate parallax error.) The limiting dimension of the scope here is normally the objective lens diameter, and how low it is when it hits the barrel.

Having someone help you while you shoulder the rifle in your natural shooting position, and having them help you by holding a ruler to your line of sight may help you here.

I'm assuming that the receiver of your rifle is grooved (almost all modern ones are nowadays) so your challenges will be finding the right height that fits your cheek weld and objective lens diameter and finding a pair that appeals to you regarding looks. I'm not sure what brands are available to you. Right now, I have a very nice looking pair of Redfield rings on a 22, as well as an old pair of Weavers. Some people don't care for the looks of Weavers, but they are strong and fit grooved receivers well. I'm sure you have a choice from other brands, though.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:10 am

javedali923 wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:15 pm
Dear Team
recently i buy a scope for my Bruno Mod 2 .22 LR rifle. I want to purchase a High Rings Scope mounts for 30 mm scope tube.I am from Himachal kindly advise the beast for same. Attached is my scope images.
i got rings advice from my self from sportsmatchuk..many yr ago..send them a size of my rails(Brno Model 1) on their facebook pg..then had them shipped from townadoairguns at UK.You ll hv to be careful with a medium or high mount size rings as though these should be high enough to permit full bolt travel to ensure cartridge extraction and also ensure the front and rearsights dont be seen in the reticle picture but not so high that you are unable to zero the rifle.perhaps even hawke may have compatible mounts.i did that exercise because i knew once wrong mounts landed up..i couldn't send them back..

A & S Creations
6/7 Ground Floor
West Patel Nagar
New Delhi
India
110008 www.ascreations.in

BTW these are listed as official distributors for Hawke in india..try them

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:47 am

timmy wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:28 am
The important thing is your "cheek weld". That's where your cheek bone rests against the top of the stock. This is the ideal way to shoot the rifle. You want the proper weld, which also feels natural, for three reasons:

1. You get a firm mounting of your head to the gun, which gives you a steady sight picture (rather than having your head floating in the air, trying to find the right sight picture).

2. Your head being firmly against the stock will help steady the shooter-gun combination.

3. Putting your head to the stock in the same place in the same way every time is how you can achieve consistency in your shooting.

Positioning the scope on your rifle is the task, and because of the cheek weld issue, you may usually find the best place to position the scope as low to the receiver/action as you can. (This also helps eliminate parallax error.) The limiting dimension of the scope here is normally the objective lens diameter, and how low it is when it hits the barrel.

Having someone help you while you shoulder the rifle in your natural shooting position, and having them help you by holding a ruler to your line of sight may help you here.

I'm assuming that the receiver of your rifle is grooved (almost all modern ones are nowadays) so your challenges will be finding the right height that fits your cheek weld and objective lens diameter and finding a pair that appeals to you regarding looks. I'm not sure what brands are available to you. Right now, I have a very nice looking pair of Redfield rings on a 22, as well as an old pair of Weavers. Some people don't care for the looks of Weavers, but they are strong and fit grooved receivers well. I'm sure you have a choice from other brands, though.
Nicely explained (y)
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

javedali923
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by javedali923 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:46 pm

But i try my best but I deddent found the Mounts in india for my CZ bruno Mod 2. I found one pair but issue is that i need some more hight mounts. In these mounts my scope is touch my back sights

javedali923
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by javedali923 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:51 pm

This one i got from my friend but i need some more hight so its ok for me
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.