Scope import experiences - via post/ courier route

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
OhGod424
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by OhGod424 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:42 am

Flight of the Eagle:

See the thread http://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?t=4297 :)

Akshat

For Advertising mail webmaster
penpusher

Re: Scope import experiences - via post/ courier route

Post by penpusher » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:30 pm

Zafar";p="43824 wrote: A BIG thank you penpusher pai

-
Zafar

NB:this link is ging an error . Could you qoute the rule in it
However the import of these is restricted http://dgft.delhi.nic.in/det2006.asp
shukriya

Have modified the link so that it works.You will have to enter the ITCHS code to get the import policy

ai

Post by ai » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:13 pm

Apparently there is another 3 letter product de.scription to be entered. What might that be? :banghead:

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:26 am

This is in answer to Ai's post on import of rifle scopes here http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?p=65469#65469

Prohibited-no one can import it.However the govt can exempt certain categories of people from this ban.That is how people on TR and shooters can import arms and ammunition and we can import ammunition in hand baggage.

Restricted-Can be imported against an import license.This restriction would apply even if the goods are imported in personal baggage.Lots of people bring scopes in hand baggage.The customs generally does not have any problem with this.I am aware of a person who had declared this at the customs and he was waved through.I am also aware of a fellow who was arrested at Kolkata airport some years back for carrying a restricted item.

Free-No import license is required unless imported in commercial quantities.They may also be subject to any conditions that may be imposed.Therefore,while the import of muzzle loading firearms and shotguns barrels is free,only shooters can import them.

I am not very clear about how a scope would be treated if mounted on or presented with an air rifle that can be legally imported.Will try to get the official word on it.If it is allowed,would make a lot of sense for some one to import it along with an air rifle.

Not all firearms related parts are prohibited from import.Articles of base metal of general use are allowed to be imported.So screws, springs and rifle/pistol chargers are allowed to be imported.

As far as Ai is concerned,he seems to be here to sell his over priced wares which he, incidentally was not able to, on another site.He has nothing positive to contribute to the forum.I don't buy his Robin hood act either.When some one says,'It can be arranged' ,it just indicates that he is a commercial seller.

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:24 pm

Hi penpusher what about .22 brno 10 rd magazine- can that be imported from USA

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:02 pm

Unfortunately no.They are available locally from time to time.Prices vary from dealer to dealer.When I wanted to buy a spare mag for my Astra .32.I was quoted a price from 3500/-(local dealer) to 10,000/-(Sharda gun house, Delhi).I bought one for 3500/- and the other, thanks to Sanjay who found it and Abhijeet who got me a Rs 1000/- discount on it,for 4000/-

dilip
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dilip » Sat May 09, 2009 7:05 pm

i dnt think so tht import or sellin scope is banned.....
regards ,
sid

Please don't use text speak c'mon sweetheart you can add the missing o's and the g.
mod
Powale Arms Repaires and Dealer Mumbai

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sun May 31, 2009 8:44 am

Is importing by courier night vision binoculars/rifle scope legal? Or is it illegal, if illegal, then under what laws? Anybody has any experience importing them?

vmanicks
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by vmanicks » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:57 pm

Can anyone help me with this thread?

What are the possible problems that a customs guy can create when an air rifle arrives with a scope thats mounted?

Is there any document that states importing scope is legal or illegal?

Regards,
Manickavel
Daystate Buckmaster (Limited Edition 70/100), Walther Dominator, Diana 350 Magnum, Weihrauch HW50, Harrington & Richardson 20 Guage

amit888_2000
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amit888_2000 » Tue May 04, 2010 4:20 pm

so, guys, does, Rifle scope import is legal, now or what ?, pls share ur experiences ....?

davidj7
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by davidj7 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:10 pm

I tried to buy a scope but my US supplier warned me against it , So i checked with DGFT . Its a restricted item as of now. Wonder why?

HS code :90131010 Telescopic sights for fitting to arms
31-Jul-2009 Restricted
07-Apr-2006 Restricted

.338 lapua
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by .338 lapua » Tue May 22, 2012 7:07 pm

is importing scope still restricted guys.if not has anyone tried importing one.

Regard's
"India is the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend, and the great grand mother of tradition. Our most valuable and most astrictive materials in the history of man are treasured up in India only!"
MarkTwain

aruncheloor
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by aruncheloor » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:57 pm

Hi all,

Some international sites like Ali Express & Ioffer are selling these air rifle scopes and will courier them to india. If im buying one via this route, will the customs will confiscate them at the ports? Can i pay the duty [if any] and take my item from them? anyone tried the courier route? I need one for my Precihole NX100.

aruncheloor
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by aruncheloor » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:36 pm

Im trying to contact Mr.Rijo Joseph. But my messaging is not working. How can i contact him? phone number?

guns4peace
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Laser Grip import - via post/ courier route

Post by guns4peace » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:20 am

heloo there

just bought a S&W J frame revolver .357 magnum

cn i import the laser grip for the sme ?

is it legal ?

thx