Rubber Bullets

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Rubber Bullets

Post by nagarifle » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:04 pm

tracer is also used for night time fire. and the rubber bullet to make someone very angry :roll:
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

For Advertising mail webmaster
BJL
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by BJL » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:25 pm

Tracers are usually spread through the magazine to allow the operator to get a visual every few shots to help see where the rounds are going- since he can't see the target very well anyway- and its no point aiming at something you can't see. I don't see why all the tracers would be right on top of the mag.

I've never seen a 35 round mag either. Seen 5, 30 and a 100 drum. I think he means remaining 29 rounds during day time when he has 1 rubber- thus making 30 total (or 30 in mag and rubber chambered) and not tracer+rubber+ball. What's the point of rubber in night time combat when you can't really see properly anyway? It'll most likely miss the target entirely.
“To be both a speaker of words and a doer of deeds”- The Iliad.

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:20 pm

Firing tracers from a rifle is something you should not be doing if you value the firearm.

BJL
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by BJL » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:59 pm

Tracers are mostly used with squad support weapons anyway, belt fed machine guns often have every fifth round as a tracer for night time use. I guess if its a combat situation, the value of the firearm is limited to it performing its duty, rather than its long life. Considering that LMG and HMG operators usually have access to spare barrels and most of those weapons are designed for extremely high rates of fire and have easily removable barrels, it shouldn't be a problem.

I've fired .30-06 tracer rounds from a 1903 springfield. Fun stuff. Only did it once tho- 3-4 rounds. Didn't notice a difference, but I wouldn't want to put too many of those in.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:17 pm

Okay I forgot about the rubber bullets. I have read about one guy using tracers to indicate that his mag is almost empty. The rubber bullets I don't understand in a war like situation where the enemy is definately out to get you and you aren't obliged to justify why you shot back or ensured that he met his maker . Merc thy reasoning?

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

Viper1
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Viper1 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:29 pm

mundaire wrote:They are legal but I very much doubt if you will be able to find them... BTW
Cheers!
Abhijeet

Any idea if its legal to import just the projectiles into India? while i know its legal to import 50 bullets at a time, can one import just the rubber projectiles? are there any restrictions on the same?

regards,

V

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:52 am

Dev... merc /contractoris not a term that comes to mind. Another one does... but I will hold off. I guess you could use tracers to let you know you were running out. Then again in a thirty rounder it would be around 15-20 that would be tracers. Else all it would tell you is you're out. Especially in an auto. What is more, if shooting at someone who understands this, could exploit the opportunity. Then again.. I am not a merc/contractor/Rambo/et al. Though I did stay at a holiday inn this one time...

Viper... I have no idea about the legality of importing the rubber bullets. But do imagine customs would freak out. Addittionally I believe it is fifty cartridges and not bullets. ;)

BJL
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by BJL » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:33 am

:)

Private Merc
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Private Merc » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:02 am

MoA wrote:Hi merc...
Just curious, where are you getting 35 round magazines for you Vz 58?
Additionally dont understand the loading logic behind 4 tracers, 1 rubber, and 30 ball? What would the point of the tracers be?
Does your's have the happy sqitch enabled?
Cheers...
Gentlemen -
Sorry for the late reply. I type this sitting in my vehicle waiting for a go ahead!
Some questions I cannot answer to due Opsec (Operational Security). You dont know the kind of eyes (hostile and compliance) which trail us where ever we people go. Its a matter of safeguarding our lives.
As per the rules of engagement signed in accordance with the Iraq Ministry of Interior and the United States Coalition Provincial Authority of 2003 we are required by law to load a max of 4 tracer rounds and one rubber round. Justification of this was echoed during the Blackwater Security fiasco in late 2007.

Since most of the times we are on the road during night time; and with Iraq's non existant infrastructure of street lights and others we have to rely upon tracers to be fired in the air to determine our target. Target, though would be a wrong word to use as we are always on the defensive not offensive, our main aim is to move the convoy out of the danger area without any casualties whatsoever. Recently Private Military Contractors have been prohibited from using night vision goggles due to some daft crank up in the Iraqi Government feels that those can be used for spying purposes - really lame, must say!!! Thus the need for tracers.

Rubber bullets are again used in accordance with RoE. As a matter of fact since the handover to the Iraqi's this year, rumor has it that US Armed Forces will be bound to load in a rubber round in their weapons at all times. Deterrant and Stun is key.

On the mag's; I can assure you that local talent here in Iraq is good at gun smithing. Though they arent advanced but I have seen some amazing things being done in restoration, mechanical repairs and modifications. One can find mag's of any capacity (highest I have seen is 75 round AK drum mag) for almost any weapon for East European Bloc weapons ranging from 9mm mags to 7.62 ball amo to name a few.

Yes tracers can actually screw up the innards of any weapon and the best answer to it, is to use a 1000 grit sandpaper to clear it off. (Desi Ilaaj - lol).

Say a prayer for us!!

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:11 am

Merc... were you a SEAL? Or something akin to that? Shouldnt you be under a blackout right now?
Given OPSEC what is your background.
Last I checked... NS is still good to go.
I am a born skeptic... humor me.
Feel free to PM me.

BJL
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by BJL » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:14 am

Private Merc wrote: Since most of the times we are on the road during night time; and with Iraq's non existant infrastructure of street lights and others we have to rely upon tracers to be fired in the air to determine our target. Target, though would be a wrong word to use as we are always on the defensive not offensive, our main aim is to move the convoy out of the danger area without any casualties whatsoever. Recently Private Military Contractors have been prohibited from using night vision goggles due to some daft crank up in the Iraqi Government feels that those can be used for spying purposes - really lame, must say!!! Thus the need for tracers.
Tracers fired in the air to determine targets? :? Like a flare?

I don't see how a fast moving tracer round will provide enough light to determine anything, let alone a target that is not even being fired at.
How exactly are you using them?

Also, haven't heard that bit about 1 round being a rubber bullet.

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:19 am

You mean they dont illuminate the countryside? :shock: :cheers:

BJL
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by BJL » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:32 am

Of course they do, its like hurling a lit candle at 2350 fps. Blinds those baddies. :)

DrSunnyMP
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by DrSunnyMP » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:23 pm

Hi there,
May I seek this group's help in me finding some Rubber Ammo for my 12Bore and .32 Revolver Please!