How to reduce trigger pull in springer

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
manu
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

How to reduce trigger pull in springer

Post by manu » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:57 pm

Dear IFGians,
I have national air arms Bangalore made under lever air rifle in .22.

This air rifle have very tight trigger & I don’t know how to reduce trigger pull in this air

rifle as I have no experience in air rifle trigger.

Please help me for solve this problem.

Warm regards
manu

For Advertising mail webmaster
snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:59 pm

If it is a new rifle i suggest that you use it and bit and that should get you used to the trigger and also will smoothen it out a bit.

If it has been used for some time then you will have to file the catch (the part of the trigger that locks the piston) - Please do not over file as that will cause the trigger to start slipping and then it will either fail to cock or fire on the slightest jerk - so file it a few times and try and try again. I would recommend you take it to a gunsmith to work on.
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

shadowphaxone
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: How to reduce trigger pull in springer

Post by shadowphaxone » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:34 am

Sniper,

I used to have the reverse problem as mentioned by you. Even though i have never filed the catch, the pistol used to fire when i re cock it. The pellet would blow out through the receiver end itself and it was just plain luck that it didn't hit me. This has happened more than once but fortunately, the cocking link never got damaged. This problem seems to have diminished after regular oiling.
There are no limits to a man's curious intelligence if he is determined to succeed...

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:26 am

Diminished after oiling - thats new :-)

well an easy fix for this is to usually go in for a heavier trigger spring - I have done that for my IHP mod 25 and that too care of the eary release and also the trigger pull doesnt bother me much.
/S/
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

shadowphaxone
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shadowphaxone » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:37 am

snIPer wrote:Diminished after oiling - thats new :-)

well an easy fix for this is to usually go in for a heavier trigger spring - I have done that for my IHP mod 25 and that too care of the early release and also the trigger pull doesn't bother me much.
/S/

The most logical explanation that i could cook up is that before oiling, rust might have settled in the catching mechanism of the trigger resulting in a faulty cocking (piston is not properly caught by the trigger). After oiling rust might have worn off due to lubrication resulting in the proper catching and locking of the piston during a cocking cycle.

Thanks for the prompt comment.
Regards :D :mrgreen: :D
There are no limits to a man's curious intelligence if he is determined to succeed...

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:34 pm

I have very successfully made the trigger smooth in my local gun.
Take out the trigger and rub it softly on 220 sand paper(the paper used for smoothening the surface of the car before painting) the side which holds the piston till you get a DIOMOND finish.give a little taper finish at the very top.while doing the above pl continue to check the pull by cocking .finally use a little motor grease on the trigger and set the gun back on stock.
I can pull the trigger by top most part of my first finger.
After doing the above test the gun by dropping it on bed in cocked position.

Basu

Note : Pl dont overdo which may cause accediental fire.
Not all those wander , are lost...............