IOF .32

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
psharmajnu
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

IOF .32

Post by psharmajnu » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:17 pm

Bought IOF .32 five years back and might have shot more than 350 rounds. still the trigger is very hard...it take lots of effort to pull the trigger in double action...can some one suggest the remedy please...

For Advertising mail webmaster
vrohan59
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: IOF .32

Post by vrohan59 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:22 pm

Please seehttp://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2298,you'll find all info there.
rohan
War does not define who is right -- only who is left
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."

psharmajnu
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by psharmajnu » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:09 am

@ Rohan...could not get the desired information from the source as suggested.......

grewal
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by grewal » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:30 am

psharmajnu wrote:Bought IOF .32 five years back and might have shot more than 350 rounds. still the trigger is very hard...it take lots of effort to pull the trigger in double action...can some one suggest the remedy please...
Bought IOF .32 five years back and might have shot more than 350 rounds. still the trigger is very hard...it take lots of effort to pull the trigger in double action...can some one suggest the remedy please...
psharmajnu why didn't you ask this question in the main thread of IOF .32, what was the reason to start a new thread.
Never the less the trigger pull can and only will reduce if you change the main tension spring present in the but of the revolver. I tried to find a suitable spring for that but couldn't find one. But one thing that you should remember , in-case after changing the spring the trigger mechanism becomes underpowered then you might seldom get a misfire.
Grewal

I'd rather be riding my bike and thinking bout god than sitting in a temple and thinking bout my bike

james
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by james » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:17 am

One of my friend was facing the same problem , he cocked the hammer of his .32 iof revolver and kept it in safe for 30 days and this worked for him , after 30 days the trigger was smooth . This is just very basic way of loosing spring tension but worked for this guy.
This is not a solution of any kind and i am not a gunsmith , just out of experience what i have seen.
Cheers,
James..

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:49 am

A nice trigger pull depends a lot upon how the parts are fitted together.Friction between moving parts plays a major role in the grittiness of the trigger pull.One way is to stone them to reduce this but then this is something that would require a jig and experience to do it right.Frankly,I do not see the average 'gunsmith' understanding the concept, let alone execute it.Cutting off coils of a spring to reduce the trigger pull is a sure shot way to a situation where there are misfires.

conservator
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by conservator » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:05 pm

psharmajnu wrote:Bought IOF .32 five years back and might have shot more than 350 rounds. still the trigger is very hard...it take lots of effort to pull the trigger in double action...can some one suggest the remedy please...
Had one iof.32 decade back and it had the same problem probably because of poorworkmanship and inferior quality.The best remedy is to dispose it of quickly or might require a orthopaedic very soon.........