DIY Re-polishing my 30-06 Rifle at home in a few hundred rupees

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
Ajaaybeer
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

DIY Re-polishing my 30-06 Rifle at home in a few hundred rupees

Post by Ajaaybeer » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:35 am

Greetings to fellows and respect to veterans, I am sharing a little diy project which I carried out without any professional tools to refinish and repolish my I.O.F .30-06 rifle stock at home. Literally it’s a very economical project carried out in a few hundred rupees.
Disclaimer: There are fellow members who are at expert level and they may rate it at level 1 or 2 on scale of 1 to 10 if we compare it to some professional work in other posts on the forum. But again this is the beginner level with no tools that anyone can do and I don’t claim to be an expert or PRO. It might encourage others to take a new project and some may take it to higher standards. Wish to share with community to act as inspiration to utilise the free energy.

Note : My video is in Punjabi and English mix with subtitles and I am not very good with Hindi so kindly excuse if you don’t understand it with clarity. Proud to be a part of this community and contributing my little share.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a WELL-ARMED lamb contesting the vote!

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

For Advertising mail webmaster
Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: DIY Re-polishing my 30-06 Rifle at home in a few hundred rupees

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:11 am

Great Work in small budget Paaji.
Congrats
Regards

Shivaji

Ajaaybeer
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ajaaybeer » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:33 am

Coincidentally, I forgot to delete some photos taken in my phone during this diy project last year which clearly shows the kind of wood I.O.F uses for the rifle. I am sharing those photos where we can notice the exposed grain of the wood without polish. Only sealer has been applied.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a WELL-ARMED lamb contesting the vote!

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:49 pm

The iron sight may be practical for target shooting but one of the ugliest I have ever witnessed. In fact those are surplus SLR sights used by our forces. I am sure there are smiths around to remedy this as well. Indeed a very good job done in the limited resources available with a fair amount of elbow grease. Kudos !!!

Marksman