shotgun storage and care.

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:55 pm

thanks imran,
yes it was helpful.
i have modified it to make it more suitable for a uk house.
(size of a shoebox.)
i keep a separate old bedsheet to protect the flooring/carpet, spread it out before i begin.

browning fouls more than some other makes (i read somewhere earlier and now experience it firsthand as i also own a classic doubles.)

this fouling is more just ahead of the chamber so i use only the last part of the rod (one of the three parts) as it gives me greater control and focusses on the first few inches of the barrell; i then assemble the full rod and give an overall sweep.

for the classic doubles, i use the standard technique.
another tip for the newbies, dont spend money on "special" cleaning cloth (1 patch £5) as if you shoot regularly, equates to a lot of patches and a lot of money. a rag/ old cloth works just as well
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

For Advertising mail webmaster
TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Re: shotgun storage and care.

Post by TwoRivers » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:06 am

For those wishing to keep their guns from rusting during storage, this website, www.polygunbag.com has storage bags treated with corrosion inhibitors. Cheers.