Adjusting a Two stage trigger

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:34 pm

Oh Please, it was never pointed at any one it was being taken for the trigger job. But yes i do realise it was my bad and will ensure nothing like this ever happens again UNCLE.

Oh yes it was want me to quote the number of times...but long as you learn its okay. Just remember that these are adult airguns and capable of serious damage, in fact a guy on the yellow forum wrote how he was using a springer shooting at 1000fps to discipline deer near his house. One however jumped at the wrong time and died slowly of a lung shot. So remember your howitzer isn't a toy.

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

For Advertising mail webmaster
tirths
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Adjusting a Two stage trigger

Post by tirths » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:21 pm

Sid,

This has got excellent info. Please check.

http://www.airarmsownersclub.com/viewto ... 534#p53534

-Tirtha

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:22 pm

Would anyone have the manual of a Diana 35 or a how to on adjusting its two stage trigger ?

Thanks

Manish

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:09 am

The Minkey's done it....

She shoots sweet, the trigger weight is not too high or low, the pull is smooth and soft..........

Thanks for the info

Cheers
Siddharth

tirths
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by tirths » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:16 am

Congrats Sid!

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:30 pm

Thank you sire....
hope sir Bana also reads the post :D and so does Sanpi Dev

Cheers
Siddharth

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:07 pm

I read it first :lol:, would look to try it out though.

regards
8)
OUP
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

shahid

Post by shahid » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:44 pm

When I purchased a new HW 80 last year, Rusty wrote to me it has an excellent two stage Record trigger. But don't fiddle with it unless extremely necessary. I never did because the factory fittings and tunings were fine. And I am satisfied.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:15 pm

Sid,

I did read it but my confidence in your mechanical abilities were shattered after you managed to break the allen key. :mrgreen:

Okay, taking the minkey aside, after reading, "She shoots sweet, the trigger weight is not too high or low, the pull is smooth and soft..........", I am not sure if you have adjusted it as a single or double stage trigger.

That 'soft' bit is puzzling. There is no hard and fast rule that the trigger release has to be soft but most of us prefer a crisp and consequently, predictable trigger release. This is assuming you were refering to the release rather than the travel.

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:28 pm

shahid";p="45434 wrote: When I purchased a new HW 80 last year, Rusty wrote to me it has an excellent two stage Record trigger. But don't fiddle with it unless extremely necessary. I never did because the factory fittings and tunings were fine. And I am satisfied.
there was nothing like it was too bad or unusable kind it was nice, but to be honest, i just wanted to fiddle around :D
Mack The Knife Bana";p="45437 wrote: Sid,

I did read it but my confidence in your mechanical abilities were shattered after you managed to break the allen key. :mrgreen:

Okay, taking the minkey aside, after reading, "She shoots sweet, the trigger weight is not too high or low, the pull is smooth and soft..........", I am not sure if you have adjusted it as a single or double stage trigger.

That 'soft' bit is puzzling. There is no hard and fast rule that the trigger release has to be soft but most of us prefer a crisp and consequently, predictable trigger release. This is assuming you were refering to the release rather than the travel.
i didnt break the allen key i just disfigured it (some credit of which goes to OUP as well), from one end.... i'm still using it (the other end)

Unlike the previous one where you had to pull it to the end and on some instances had to wait for the second stage come into action - i've done away with that... now i think it's crisp (i dont know what it means) but yes is comfortable to shoot with.

Cheers
Siddharth

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:35 pm

Sorry but I am still unsure whether it is now a single or double stage trigger.

Will wait for Dev and OUP to snitch on you after the weekend. :mrgreen:
to be honest, i just wanted to fiddle around
It would be cheaper and I dare say, safer, if you just bought yourself a fiddle. :mrgreen: I know how it feels - just be careful and don't hurt yourself.

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:40 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="45441 wrote: Sorry but I am still unsure whether it is now a single or double stage trigger.

Will wait for Dev and OUP to snitch on you after the weekend. :mrgreen:
to be honest, i just wanted to fiddle around
It would be cheaper and I dare say, safer, if you just bought yourself a fiddle. :mrgreen: I know how it feels - just be careful and don't hurt yourself.
As for the testing it's gonna be this sunday for sure and about the being safe - i assure everyone i'm taking every precaution possible :)

Cheers
Siddharth

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:02 am

Someone who goes by the name of Olly had to post something here..........
Grrr!

Cheers