Laminated Pistol Grip for PCP Pistol being made

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
karizman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by karizman » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:41 pm

TenX";p="52172 wrote:Great looking piece :)
Is it Pine wood there? Also, I think you could have added a little more wood to where the base of the palm (rear grip) touches the gun. In pistol shooting, I have observed, correct me if I am wrong, that the pressures on the line of the target (fingers and rear of the palm) gives great control.
Or maybe, you have not taken a complete grip in your pic, and I may be completely wrong :)
What matters more is the ability to think you can do it and go ahead and DO IT! Hats off buddy :)
It's a mix of Pine wood & imitation Rosewood. My friend wants to use it for general plinking & ratting. He finds target shooting boring & hence he had recommended for sporting looks with maximum possible grip control. That is why I designed this.

Thanks for your valuable suggestions & I will keep them in mind while making specific target grip in future.

Thanks,

Karizman

For Advertising mail webmaster
TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:48 pm

karizman";p="52215 wrote:
to_saptarshi";p="52209 wrote:
karizman";p="52158 wrote:
I am making two pistols at present one is Co2 powered & other one is PCP. Both the pistols are being made from scratch. I mean to say only their barrel is from Lothar Walther - Germany & rest of the pistol including air reservoir is being made by me at my home workshop. I will let you all know the progress as soon as it is complete.

Thanks
Excellent work Karizman :) , do post step by step progress of your project and I wish all the best for it. I have two questions regarding it

1. Did you import the barrel from walther through post/courier or someone personally carried it from abroad ?

2. This one may sound a little bit odd and excuse me for asking this question but I would like to know the legal aspect of it, I mean is it legal to make airguns (even for hobby purpose) without having a special permission or license ? Actually most of the Airgun makers in Kolkata do have a sort of Arms Manufacturer License (dont know the exact name/term of it but that was issue by state goverment). I assume you are not a professional gunsmith and doing it for hobby purpose. Correct me if I am wrong , and I would be the happiest person on earth to know its legal and does not required any special permission to create/make airguns for hobby purpose.
I am not gunsmith, only a tinkerer. Air rifles do not require licence to own. I am not making a new air rifle. I am just refurbishing the gun which again does not require any kind of licence. Do you require a licence to change a spring, washer in your springer? Don't you change size of piston by polishing it ?

(Dear Saptarshi please see your PM as well)

Dear friend every law has a loophole. One just has to find it. I tried contacting Home ministry, Local arms licensing authorities, gun dealers to know exact law being applied to airguns but everywhere I got vauge answers. Therefore I decided to go ahead with refurbishing while staying in power limit. Secondly I only do it as a hobby & among my friends only.

And above all these I have seen that most of the laws are made without proper consideration & hence always broken or challanged. Take case of import of .177 airguns. What are you going to shoot through it? Peanuts, because pellets or any other accessories & spares are not allowed to import. But still anyone with right contacts gets everything in our country. I just feel pity on ourselves. We want gold medals in all Olympic events but except cricket bats, hockey sticks & protection gear for these sports nothing is being made in our country to highest standadrs. And do you know these are the only products are not restricted to import & are classified as sports goods in DGFT manual. Our government itself does not acknowledge other sports then imagine where we are heading.

I am sorry for such a long reply but I coud not stop pouring out my anguish. I hope you all have the same feelings.

Thanks

Karizman
Well said .. Sad but true..
In several areas of technology, Information technology, speed and such, a big chunk of rapid improvement is occurring, enough to threaten other super-powers ... but we are still fixed to our age old rules and systems, which eventually become the bottleneck for us all... :(
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:01 am

HSharief";p="52155 wrote:its better than seeing people's pocket lint ;)
Evil evil man! :lol:
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein