IHP seal

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
reynoldmaben
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

IHP seal

Post by reynoldmaben » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:27 pm

Dear Friends

I was planning to replace certain part of my IHP35 .22, when it came to the seal I am stuck, as I am unable to give the seal ref to the seller. Can the experts let me know what is the measurement of the IHP seal which will fit in to an IHP 35 .22 rifle.

Appreciate your assistance.

Reynold

For Advertising mail webmaster
PRITAM PATEL
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: IHP seal

Post by PRITAM PATEL » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:59 pm

is it made of leather or synthetic like pvc ?

if you cant find around and little handy with things, leather seal you can make yourself....

if pvc ( newer ihps have pvc seals, which worn out pretty quickly, and good thing is that you can convert them to leather one) or more skillful hand can put APEX seal ( diana's seal) in to ihp-35

decide what you want to do with your IHP-35
"Men like us don't deserve to die in the bed, field would be a batter option"

Optional : Proper inglish n gramer

reynoldmaben
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by reynoldmaben » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:10 am

I was looking for the synthetic seal (Apex Seal)

Reynold

thomast1
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by thomast1 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:06 am

+1 to the list, in search of the same.. :)
share any info on this reynold, thanks in advance.

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:51 am

What you guys need is a PFTE seal and not a PVC one.

i Checked with the following.
KGN armoury
Bangalore gun house
Kovi shop.

seems that in India no one has officially started manufacturing this so stocks are not available as IHP isnt distributing it yet.

/S/
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

PRITAM PATEL
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by PRITAM PATEL » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:11 am

reynoldmaben wrote:I was looking for the synthetic seal (Apex Seal)

Reynold
get one from jim directly, few ppl had tried to sell fake Apex on this forum
"Men like us don't deserve to die in the bed, field would be a batter option"

Optional : Proper inglish n gramer

thomast1
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by thomast1 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:41 pm

sounds like a great idea. Pritam have you imported from Jim's site? any IFG'ians who have imported both spring and the seal from Jim's site?
Was it a smooth import, any hazzles or things to look out for?
Can be of great assist with some first hand information.. :)

PS: and guys who want these ones, we can order these together and save some $ on shipping i guess.

Thomas

pkjeetesh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pkjeetesh » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:51 am

get the IHP seals from AIMCO, Kolkata.....Joy has them....

regards

p k jeetesh

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:18 pm

Importing from JM site is not a problem. You will need the E3650 spring and seal for Diana 34 ( the compression tube diameter for IHP 35 and D34 are the same. You might have to make a custom spring guide and top hat to fit the E3650 spring. While you are at it, polish the compression tube wall to a smooth finish.

The above modifications will result in a much more smoother firing cyle.

M.
thomast1 wrote:sounds like a great idea. Pritam have you imported from Jim's site? any IFG'ians who have imported both spring and the seal from Jim's site?
Was it a smooth import, any hazzles or things to look out for?
Can be of great assist with some first hand information.. :)

PS: and guys who want these ones, we can order these together and save some $ on shipping i guess.

Thomas
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

thomast1
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by thomast1 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:43 am

fantumfan2003 wrote:Importing from JM site is not a problem. You will need the E3650 spring and seal for Diana 34 ( the compression tube diameter for IHP 35 and D34 are the same. You might have to make a custom spring guide and top hat to fit the E3650 spring. While you are at it, polish the compression tube wall to a smooth finish.

The above modifications will result in a much more smoother firing cyle.

M.
yeah, thought of getting either the 3650 or tarantula, and seals. polishing the compression tube is done already. the tube and is currently pickled in diesel. :D

also had thought of another alternate, but quite doubtful about it so asking it here to the experts..
what about using a spacer on an existing spring, makes the spring a bit more compressed , it obviously takes the cocking effort to a new high, will this improve performance?
adding the possibility that the spring might lose strength if not properly set before this.

Thomas

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:23 pm

Thomas,

Spacer will increase pre-load, and increasing the power but gains may not be much. This recipe is more for increasing smoothness and less for increasing power.

M.
thomast1 wrote: yeah, thought of getting either the 3650 or tarantula, and seals. polishing the compression tube is done already. the tube and is currently pickled in diesel. :D

also had thought of another alternate, but quite doubtful about it so asking it here to the experts..
what about using a spacer on an existing spring, makes the spring a bit more compressed , it obviously takes the cocking effort to a new high, will this improve performance?
adding the possibility that the spring might lose strength if not properly set before this.

Thomas
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

adkol
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by adkol » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:29 pm

Thomas

I have imported a full set in for my Diana Airking 54 from Jim. He was very good in assisting as to what to buy exactly and thereon the transaction was very smooth. His shipping too was fast

Cheers

thomast1
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by thomast1 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:19 am

fantumfan2003 wrote:Thomas,

Spacer will increase pre-load, and increasing the power but gains may not be much. This recipe is more for increasing smoothness and less for increasing power.

M.
:agree:

True mate, tried with 2 inch spacer, not of much assist. so back to factory defaults till the new parts are finalised.
Thomas

thomast1
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by thomast1 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:22 pm

hey guys,
this was quite active for sometime.. so some more life to it hopefully..
everyone knows the stock spring guide, can this be given a plastic coat (Mould-plastic, this can suffer high temperature and have pretty good tensile strength once set!) and made-fit for the spring??? might reduce the sound as well considering the forgiving nature of plastic coat!

Regards
Thomas

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:32 pm

Better to make a better fitting spring guide. Have you got the mod done ? How is it doing in terms of performance ? Any data to share ?

M.
thomast1 wrote:hey guys,
this was quite active for sometime.. so some more life to it hopefully..
everyone knows the stock spring guide, can this be given a plastic coat (Mould-plastic, this can suffer high temperature and have pretty good tensile strength once set!) and made-fit for the spring??? might reduce the sound as well considering the forgiving nature of plastic coat!

Regards
Thomas

Darr ke aage jeet hai