Gunsmith in Mumbai?

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
sinish
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Gunsmith in Mumbai?

Post by sinish » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:23 pm

Hi,

I am recent on this forum.
I have an IHP 35 for a month now.
Basically, I need to get a couple of things done.
I need to get peep sights installed as I feel my rear is a little misaligned, and or/ put in a new set of front sight.
Secondly I want a little more power ... I feel, at times, the sound of it can go up a notch or two for that solid thwank. Besides at some cocks, I feel my spring looses elasticity ... it ends up in a thud so to speak. So I want to change spring/seal/adaptor. I also require an effective muzzler that cuts out sound. Would a local gunsmith have all these pieces? I would appreciate if someone on this forum can suggest a gunsmith in Mumbai and, if/where all these pieces can be outsourced from?

For Advertising mail webmaster
fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Gunsmith in Mumbai?

Post by fantumfan2003 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:50 pm

Honestly that's a tall order you have put up there. IHP open sights are lousy to put it mildly. You can put a peep sight but where will you get one from ? The IHP might benefit from a basic tune but it needs to be inspected to be sure that it does have problems mentioned. I can help you with it if you can bring her over on a weekend.

M.
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

sinish
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sinish » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:44 pm

Hey,

thanks for the reply,
Sure I'd like to have it a lookover.
Are you a gunsmith ... in mumbai?
How can I get in touch with you?
thanks.

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:28 pm

Hi I am in Mumbai and not a gunsmith. Just worked on airguns and know their innards. PM me your contact number.

M.
sinish wrote:Hey,

thanks for the reply,
Sure I'd like to have it a lookover.
Are you a gunsmith ... in mumbai?
How can I get in touch with you?
thanks.
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:07 pm

Hi, Fantumfan,

I recently bought a local Kolkata made, .22 cal, break-barrel air rifle from Humne Arms in Thane. Being a total newbie, would like some advice. Sorry for jumping into a discussion.

The mechanism is screwed to the stock by two screws (which also hold the trigger guard). The front screw, after 20-30 shots, tends to get loose, resulting in play, and loss of power and accuracy.

When I snap back the barrel after cocking, it tends to come back a little, have to push it back again, sometimes need to fold the barrel back and then straighten it with some force. This problem was not present earlier, has started after 300 or so shots.

Accuracy is quite good (or I am plain lucky).

Can you guide me on this?
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley