screw kit for 54 airking

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
drifter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

screw kit for 54 airking

Post by drifter » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:37 pm

Guys one screw on my 54 airking from the trigger guard and one from the stock which holds the barrel in place has fallen off. I want to know how I can avoid the screws from falling off. Does anyone know if I can get a screw kit for my 54 airking.

reg drifter.

For Advertising mail webmaster
miss_3006
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: screw kit for 54 airking

Post by miss_3006 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:46 pm

This is a normal occurrence with the 54 becuase of the bad kick it sends through the system, which is not transferred to you though. Replace the screws with allen screws of the same size. Easily available in a hardware shop. Also do use the star washers.

mannvikram
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mannvikram » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:58 pm

hi drifter, I've rws 350 magnum, it's even wors than 54(I belive) and I've installed spring washers underneith every screw, belive me it works, at least in my case it works. I've put couple of thous
and pellets through it with out any lose screw forget about falling off, it should work on 54 too. I'm sure it'll help and it's cheaper than anything else.
Last edited by mannvikram on Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

z375
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by z375 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:34 am

Degrease the threads on the fasteners (screws) with some clinical spirit or acetone and get yourself a some Loctite (Blue) 243 threadlocking compound, put a drop or two on the screw threads and reinstall them, make sure you torque the screws to whatever the manufacturer specifies in the manual, if you over-torque them, you risk slippage and ruining the threads on the screw/rifle. Blue Loctite (as it is more commonly known) will enable you to remove the screws in the future for any cleaning/maintenance of your rifle, stay away from the RED Loctite 263 (high strength) unless you want to permanently secure the screws to the rifle.
"With solid bullets on heavy animals such as elephant, rhino and buffalo this power is quite apparent but is not so obvious as when soft-nose bullets are being used, say, lion, particularly when is a case of stopping a charge : the .404 will stop him all right, but will seldom crumple him quite so completely as will the .416" -- John Taylor, Big Game and Big Game Rifles, (Ch. IX)