Ultrasonic Gun Cleaner and a rusted barrel

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Ultrasonic Gun Cleaner and a rusted barrel

Post by The Doc » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:49 am

Gentlemen,

I came across this thread and was pleasantly surprised to see the results . Enjoy the pictures and the write up.

http://www.pakguns.com/content.php?222- ... n-Cleaner-!

best,
Rp.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

For Advertising mail webmaster
Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Ultrasonic Gun Cleaner and a rusted barrel

Post by Prabhath » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:57 am

Doc,

This is very old news. Infact, I had posted about this a couple of years back on the forum. There is a company called Sidilu Renewable Energy in Bangalore which is into manufacture of Ultrasonic cleaning tanks. The company was earlier called Sidilu Ultrasonic. Their website is no longer being maintained. They tried their hand at using the ultrasonic tanks to clean guns and had put up a few pics too on their website. Let me know if you need more info about them.

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:56 pm

The Doc wrote:I came across this thread and was pleasantly surprised to see the results .
I didn't mean to post it as "breaking news" . :D Its just that I could never imagine such good results with the Ultrasonic Gun Cleaner and therefore I posted the link. The original thread is dated 25-02-2011. I somehow missed your post . :oops:

best,
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:49 pm

I have an ultrasonic cleaner, and I use it clean cases, and my pistols every once in a while. Especially the rimfire ones.
I use oiling water and a few drops of Dishwashing dtergent. Seems to do a good job.

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:54 pm

The thing is available for Rs.1299 at ebay.in.... probably Chinese made with a very short life cycle...but its cheap enough not to pinch.

It should suffice for small to medium sized parts.

regards,
cc
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Prabhath » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:01 pm

Seen a live demo Doc. Works really well. The person who initially developed and tried it out is no more. His wife runs the company now.