New Ashani barrel from IOF

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

New Ashani barrel from IOF

Post by The Doc » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:21 pm

Gentlemen,

1. Is it possible to buy a new barrel for IOF Ashani from the factory ?
2. If yes, then what is the procedure involved and the approximate cost ?
3. Also if one is buying a new factory barrel, does one have to surrender the old damaged barrel ?
4. Does the new barrel get stamped with the serial number of the firearm for which it has been bought ?

I am sorry for asking so many questions but buying a barrel (may be from a cannibalized firearm) from an A/A dealer might be a shade expansive or perhaps illegal ?

best,
Rp.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

For Advertising mail webmaster
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: New Ashani barrel from IOF

Post by nagarifle » Wed May 04, 2011 9:09 pm

its a very good question to ask, and makes sense to ask it, however i for one do not have any clue.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Fri May 06, 2011 6:53 pm

The Doc wrote:Gentlemen,

1. Is it possible to buy a new barrel for IOF Ashani from the factory ?
2. If yes, then what is the procedure involved and the approximate cost ?
3. Also if one is buying a new factory barrel, does one have to surrender the old damaged barrel ?
4. Does the new barrel get stamped with the serial number of the firearm for which it has been bought ?

I am sorry for asking so many questions but buying a barrel (may be from a cannibalized firearm) from an A/A dealer might be a shade expansive or perhaps illegal ?

best,
Rp.
...don't do that doc... they'll treat you to that standard pompous 'show-cause'/justification with the accompanying babu BS and rigmarole.

regards,
cc
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Fri May 06, 2011 7:17 pm

The Doc,

If your pistol needs a new barrel,you will have to send it back to the factory and they will replace it and charge you an arm and a leg to do it.Be sure to send the complete pistol 'with the barrel'.Where do you live?

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Fri May 06, 2011 7:34 pm

Gentlemen,

Thank you for your response. The question I posted was a topic of animated discussion amongst some firearm enthusiasts a few days back. There were different opinions voiced and since no one could reach anywhere with his arguements, I thought I would post the question on IFG and have the valuable opinion of the members. I do not own a IOF Ashani.
winnie_the_pooh wrote:Where do you live?
I live approx. 80 kms North-West from you . :mrgreen:

best,
Rp.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !