"O" Rings from Sun Optics

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
swajan
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

"O" Rings from Sun Optics

Post by swajan » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:06 am

A few days back Malissa from Sun optics US, sent me the "O" rings to be fitted in the Benjamin hand pump.
Initially they told me that, they have no arrangement for credit card direct payment, rather I should pass on to them my credit card details and they will charge. Since it was quite an embarrassing situation I arranged remittance locally there. :oops:

They shipped and when I reported them after a month that, where is the package ? they promptly thanked me for my patience and brought me the good news that the package is lost in transit . :shock:

The consignment was sent again and this time I was lucky enough to get it.

I dis-assembled the pump and fitted a few rings, but to my surprise it only lasted for few days. Again I fitted a new set today, it took hardly 10 minutes for me, but I have observed the pumps need care at least once in every 2 months, without which rings will never last.

There are one very important O ring, which terminates most and I have to have a stock of that only in future.

By the way, I tried to manufacture here the Viton rings, and I was quoted Rs.30,000/- for the first set of 10 for each class including the dye, may be later recurring cost would have been nominal, but I dropped the idea as it crossed my head :roll:

Any way my Benjamin is again functional and I am a happy shooter again :D

If these information are useful to you, I am a happy guy.
regards

For Advertising mail webmaster
dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: "O" Rings from Sun Optics

Post by dev » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:29 pm

Have you tried mcmaster carr...this is theory only (as I haven't ordered from there) but that is what I have heard some airgunners talk about. Try to get the o-rings that Tim @mac1airguns uses. My Qb has worn them for the last six or so years, without any wear. Just a slight lube with silicone grease is all the care that they have received.

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

swajan
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by swajan » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:34 pm

Many thanks Dev !! :D

It's a fabulous website you have referred. I was not aware. Any way I have to explore the site for my other requirements too. :idea:
Let you know, if I get something interesting.

Regards

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:09 pm

Hi swajan,
how many oring came in the kit ,is that metric or imperial size oring ? the return air oring wears the most right?

sagar 12345
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sagar 12345 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:13 am

you need not have to import or buy costly o ring for breach seal it is available in automobile spare shop costing just 3 rs/pic. i used these o rings in my huricaine ,artemis & nx 100 air rifles .also piston seal or lip seal ia available on precihole online store for just 35 rs./pic.& it fits perfectly on all three above mentioned air rifles .177 caliber.