How to clean the barrel of a tap loader underlever air rifle

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
sathya.sniper
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

How to clean the barrel of a tap loader underlever air rifle

Post by sathya.sniper » Fri May 03, 2013 11:09 am

Guys please give me some idea on this cleaning process.
I clean the barrels of break barrel air rifles with ease of pull through using fishing line, but how can i clean the barrel for an fixed barrel air rifle which has a tap loader system to load the pellet inside.

Thanks in advance.

For Advertising mail webmaster
vivek16sep1969
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: How to clean the barrel of a tap loader underlever air r

Post by vivek16sep1969 » Fri May 03, 2013 11:36 am

sathya.sniper wrote:Guys please give me some idea on this cleaning process.
I clean the barrels of break barrel air rifles with ease of pull through using fishing line, but how can i clean the barrel for an fixed barrel air rifle which has a tap loader system to load the pellet inside.

Thanks in advance.
generally...you just need a spring cable wire( the one which is also called motor cycle gear cable.....the inner wire is required)... you can find it at any motor cycle spare parts shop....must be for rs 10 /15 .......tie a soft long cloth to one end of the wire and insert it from the muzzle end till it reaches the breech end.....you can easily pull the wire from the other end till the cloth comes out...........now the cloth can be pulled to and fro and the barrel can be cleaned.....you can apply any volatile liquid to the cloth.........to clean the barrel.....and after cleaning let it dry for couple of hours...... btw you can also remove the tap loader system and then do the cleaning
happy cleaning
"Fast is fine but accuracy is everything......"
-Wyatt Earp

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Sat May 04, 2013 11:36 pm

About the only easy/safe way is to use felt cleaning pellets. Or not think about it and just shoot it, :)
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Tue May 07, 2013 2:32 pm

Mark wrote:About the only easy/safe way is to use felt cleaning pellets. Or not think about it and just shoot it, :)
:agree:

All my ARs are tap loaders. Never tried to put in cables etc. The bore can be damaged

TC

jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by jonahpach » Tue May 07, 2013 6:22 pm

actually all you need is a cleaning rod which you can make from a 3mm copper wire. Push an appropriate brass brush with the copperwire from the front of the barrel with the tap closed, after doing that for sometime you can open the tap and knock out the accumulated dirt.
Speak softly and carry a big gun!