Gunsmith in Kolkata

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
das_a74
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Gunsmith in Kolkata

Post by das_a74 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:00 pm

Hello, I have to get an old double barrel gun repaired with care. Can anyone recommend a skilled and reliable gunsmith in Kolkata? Regards

For Advertising mail webmaster
Shadmohammed
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Gunsmith in Kolkata

Post by Shadmohammed » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:00 am

N C Daw Kolkata

to_saptarshi
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Gunsmith in Kolkata

Post by to_saptarshi » Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:21 pm

das_a74 wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:00 pm
Hello, I have to get an old double barrel gun repaired with care. Can anyone recommend a skilled and reliable gunsmith in Kolkata? Regards
The only knowledgeable and reliable Gunsmith in Kolkata that I am aware of is Santu Da , His shop name is "Das Precession Works" and Located in Chadni Near Madan Street , If you are coming from Lenin Sarani, stop at the road Just before Madan Street Electronic Market , take the left road before that and take another left turn once you hit the main road. A small Signboard and Collapsible Gate is the way to identify his shop. there is no other signboard or picture of guns anywhere. Trust me he knows what he is doing and has vast experience of repairing fine firearms as well. I have seen him repairing Purdey, Churchill, Boss, William Evans few years back.

Other Gun Shop Like , Daw's (NC and AT) , DN Biswas, J Biswas , East Indian Armory etc don't repair by themself and quality of work heavily depend on whom they are asking to get the job done.
Thanks and Regards,
Saptarshi