Care for National mod 25

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
gunsmith
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Care for National mod 25

Post by gunsmith » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:35 pm

Hi!

I've recently bought a National mod. 25B AR and would like ti know how to care for it. Which parts should be oiled, how and how frequently? Also, how to lubricate the trigger mechanism? If I drop some oil directly into the trigger hole in the stock, can it leak into the piston?

Please help.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mo
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Mo » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:49 am

Hi Dude,

The probable reason why nobody replied to your post is cause its pretty evident that you didn't bother to search before you popped the question here.

The answer to your question is in plain view as a sticky on this section!!

If you're talking about about general care, sparingly lube the hinge area where the barrel breaks. Do not use excessive lube and do not get any oil into the port. For the rest of the gun, keep it clean and regularly wipe with an oily rag and you'll be good for a long while.
How to lubricate the trigger mechanism?
If what you plan on accomplishing is a smooth trigger for the IHP, any amount of lube wont help you bro!!
If I drop some oil directly into the trigger hole in the stock, can it leak into the piston?
No. But separate the action from the stock to do a better job as I doubt you can aim a drop of oil thru the trigger opening on the stock. Its just 3 screws!

Cheers.

Mo.

yash3_great

Re: Care for National mod 25

Post by yash3_great » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:33 am

On a new AR, you can probably do without oiling it for the first 1000 or more pellets (also depends on how soon you shoot the first 1K). New rifles are pretty well lubed (I recently bought a National 25B myself). Excessive lubing might do no good at all.
Once the rifle is "breaked-in" if you want you can oil the leather piston seal and the breech seal. In any case i think you are set for now. Just shoot and enjoy!

Also, share your feedback if any for the National.

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:54 pm

I never messed with my National 25 for the first few years. Infact the original spring & washer lasted for around 8 years and till the last it was as powerful as ever.
Washer needs a few drops of oil only for every 1000 - 2000 or so pellets or when you hear a squeaking sound when cocking.
Happy shooting.
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.