Adjusting a Two stage trigger

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Adjusting a Two stage trigger

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:06 am

Tried it but could never get it to work as smooth as Big Gun's TX

Probably i'm doing it wrong so any suggestions on how to do it properly, is there a procedure or something like which stage to work on first. Mack The Knife i've heard something about you being the best man at it (now where have i heard that before) so any suggestions or precautions. the person i bought it from adjusted but thats not too smooth and the first stage is pretty short. Plus the Custom officers took out the instruction manual for some strange reason :( i wonder what they're up to

Cheers and thanks
Siddharth

For Advertising mail webmaster
dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:32 am

If you want post a query in the yellowforum's chinese airgun section. You are a monkey to toy around with a tuned air rifle, I mean that with as much affection as I can summon for a minkey.

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Adjusting a Two stage trigger

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:59 am

Isn't your rifle tuned by MAC1 :?

Why you want to fiddle with something already tuned by a pro :?

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:14 pm

dev";p="45170 wrote: If you want post a query in the yellowforum's chinese airgun section. You are a monkey to toy around with a tuned air rifle, I mean that with as much affection as I can summon for a minkey.

Regards,

Dev
Everyone shot it at sirifort on sunday and we all felt that the thing required a little bit of adjustment. Plus i cant help it i see something new i wanna fiddle with it (not pervert sense of course) so till someone checks my form and till i get a 12 bore this is all i have to make better (attempt is what i'd rather call it)
kanwar76";p="45178 wrote: Isn't your rifle tuned by MAC1 :?

Why you want to fiddle with something already tuned by a pro :?

-Inder
I got it from Mike Melick not Mac1 but yes he tuned it as well and added that i should adjust the trigger according to me - how to do it is in the manual that he sent with the Air rifle which someone probably made a paper plane of and threw it outside his window from the custom office :(

Cheers

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:43 pm

if this is indeed a tx200 clone try looking for tx 200 manuals on the internet,

http://www.air-arms.co.uk/PDFS/TX200.pdf

they are available in both pdf and html format. if it's only trigger adjustment, then the screw in front of the trigger controls first stage, length of pull, and for second stage adjustment you'll probably have to look up the parts diagram and open up the trigget guard itself. make sure gun is unloaded, standard disclaimers apply
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:34 pm

SidKid, why dont you send Mike an email asking him to send the soft copy(pdf,doc whatever) of the manual.

regards
8)
OUP
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:53 pm

http://www.airguns.net/general_tx200_trigger.php

And next time don't f-around unless you have the instructions at hand.

Ruddy minkey! :mrgreen:

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:52 am

Here's another link but it only shows you how the trigger works. This is assuming the BAM's trigger unit is a copy of the CD trigger unit.

http://www.arld1.com/tx200trigger.html

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:54 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="45229 wrote: Here's another link but it only shows you how the trigger works. This is assuming the BAM's trigger unit is a copy of the CD trigger unit.

http://www.arld1.com/tx200trigger.html
Had this one, figured out things from here itself :)
Mack The Knife Bana";p="45200 wrote: http://www.airguns.net/general_tx200_trigger.php

And next time don't f-around unless you have the instructions at hand.

Ruddy minkey! :mrgreen:
Hey dont tell me you guys never experimented with things :), if not try it (only on unloaded air rifles and things that are / can in no way be harmful to you or others around you) you'll end up learning more than from books and when you do screw up. ASK FOR HELP AND BE CALLED MINKEY!!!

other than that - that's that

Thanks for the links :D

Cheers
Siddharth

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:05 am

Is the trigger functioning properly now?

Played with a similar unit today as it had been badly misadjusted and it's pretty sweet now. However, I followed the instructions... :wink:

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:00 pm

ASK FOR HELP AND BE CALLED MINKEY!!!

Cheers
Siddharth
[/quote]

Yeah its either that or you have an uncanny resemblance, especially when you wave barrels around while loading stuff :-). So its always minkey see minkey do, so far, somehow as its always you.

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:31 am

dev";p="45318 wrote: ASK FOR HELP AND BE CALLED MINKEY!!!

Cheers
Siddharth
Yeah its either that or you have an uncanny resemblance, especially when you wave barrels around while loading stuff :-). So its always minkey see minkey do, so far, somehow as its always you.

Dev
[/quote]

Oh Please, it was never pointed at any one it was being taken for the trigger job. But yes i do realise it was my bad and will ensure nothing like this ever happens again UNCLE.

On a serious note yes it was a serious duck up, will make sure it ain't repeated.

And yes next time i wouldnt smoke before i shoot, that idiotic hand of mine just wont stop dancing :(

Cheers
Siddharth

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:37 am

Mack The Knife Bana";p="45269 wrote: Is the trigger functioning properly now?

Played with a similar unit today as it had been badly misadjusted and it's pretty sweet now. However, I followed the instructions... :wink:
I couldnt spend much time on it today, but tomorrow after office this baby is gonna get a sweet smooth trigger :)

as for now i've just increased the weight as per everyone's recommendations. Will let the first stage be as it is and make the 2nd stage more crisp and longer - and make it come into action a little before than what it is right now (Sanpi Dev says it be perfect after that)

Cheers
Siddharth

p.s. will even strip the whole thing to see if the in-built moderator can be removed. lets see if i can download the instructions for that

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:51 am

Sid... do yourself a favour and let Dev or Abhijeet work on the trigger. PLEASE!

Just what do you mean by making the second stage 'longer'? You deliberately want to do induce trigger creep or do you want to increase the trigger release weight?

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:05 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="45340 wrote: Sid... do yourself a favour and let Dev or Abhijeet work on the trigger. PLEASE!

Just what do you mean by making the second stage 'longer'? You deliberately want to do induce trigger creep or do you want to increase the trigger release weight?
I've already increased the trigger weight release, now the second stage comes suddenly towards the end. All i'm going to do is make it come a little sooner. that should make the trigger crisp and short like big gun's TX. and not like a task

Cheers
Siddharth
p.s. once i'm done with the job, it's gonna be dam sweet trust me and if not i'll put it back to how it was