How to make Ed's Red

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
cyrixoutside
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by cyrixoutside » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:03 pm

hi,

mixed up my first batch of ed's red today. i got castrol TQ D ATF (its dexron IID) lab grade 99 % acetone and paint thinner.

stuff seems to work well.

:)

rajat

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: How to make Ed's Red

Post by mundaire » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:29 pm

KB article restored, please see the first post in this thread.
Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

birbrar
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: How to make Ed's Red

Post by birbrar » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:19 am

I am using Ed for last 5-7 yrs I use lab grade acetone , I have ATF and tarpentene , Guys there is no use of adding thinner if u r using lab grade acetone .

Added in 7 minutes 29 seconds:
Recently I tried compressor oil and acetone it works equally well the compressor oil I am posting is colourless and lab grade acetone is also colourless so no stains .No need of adding tarpentene as compressor oil is already thin and have solvent properties as well as lubrication . Mixing ratio is 75% compressor oil and 25% acetone. ImageImage
Rebel 8)

ronaldVen
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

How to make Eds Red

Post by ronaldVen » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:59 pm

I have just recently begun to take more than just a passing interest in the political world, particularly politics concerning the 2nd Amendment and things associated with me as a gun owner and permit to carry holder.

I am a member of the NRA and have contacted my Representative in support of HF498.

However, I am not very familiar with how all of this works and where I can fit in and make a difference.

Any suggestions to point me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks to all
Jeff