using T-duo seal in Air gun

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
jaz
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

using T-duo seal in Air gun

Post by jaz » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:48 pm

I came across seal T-duo http://carstenholm.dk/page.asp?sideid=82&zcs=6 while searching some other product , Air gun gurus please guide that is this product usefull for Airgun.

For Advertising mail webmaster
tirths
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: using T-duo seal in Air gun

Post by tirths » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:19 pm

jaz wrote:I came across seal T-duo http://carstenholm.dk/page.asp?sideid=82&zcs=6 while searching some other product , Air gun gurus please guide that is this product usefull for Airgun.
You can buy seal from This thread has been edited to conform with Indian For Guns policy as stated in the Announcements forum

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:05 pm

Pick up a Synthetic seal from IHP.
/s/
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:53 pm

by snIPer » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:05 pm
> Pick up a Synthetic seal from IHP.

> When I removed the synthetic seal from my IHP35 0.22cal, I found it rigid /very hard - possibly it's nylon.
> What a good seal should possess is "A certain amount of resilience" which makes it fit snug inside the powerplant - thus minimizing any leakage of compressed air.
> This optimizes the energy delivered by the compressed air.
> Lastly it should be self lubricating - could be silicone impregnated.
> It's worth getting a JM Seal - lasts longer & is efficient.
Cheers
Brihachran

-- Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:05 pm --
jaz wrote:I came across seal T-duo http://carstenholm.dk/page.asp?sideid=82&zcs=6 while searching some other product , Air gun gurus please guide that is this product usefull for Airgun.
Hi Jaz,
> Saw the site / link 'T-Duo' seal.
> I doubt these can be used for Air Guns, although they say it is for pneumatic applications.
> The construction and contours appear different from that of Air Gun Seals.
> My sincere advice - don't take a chance - Get a JM Seal, you'll be happy with its performance - lasts several years.
Cheers
Brihacharan

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:25 pm

Yes no doubt that if you can get a JM seal which fits then it will perform well but before that you need to ensure that inner chamber is free of any machining faults so that the seal will not get damaged on installation / use.

With the same IHP seal and factory spring my friends IHP .22 is doing around 800 fps. so that local option can be tried first.

Self lubricating seals..... if not available then use a very little of silicone oil on the washer during installation. that should last awhile.
/S/

jaz
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jaz » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:22 am

hi,
sniper I, have already arranged ox spring no.6 from u.k , the only thing now I, need is original apex seal that we want to fit in aimco 3000 under lever .
I have already honed its compression tube (that's seamless pipe) to mirror finish. New spring guide have been made to reduce vibrations.
so tell me if I can have apex seal 1.125" dia apex or good pu or silicon seal here.

after doing some other minor changes gun will work very fine .

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:41 pm

Hi,
Check the dia of the cylinder and see if it matches that of the seal.
The seal is made of Pfte and needs a very very light coating of silicone oil during installation.

Best of luck and do post pics of the process
/S/