Guess what this python had for dinner??

Post all jokes/ quizzes/ teasers/ 'identify this' type of posts here
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:31 pm

normally in the wild snakes do not eat dead meat. i also would agree that head first is the normal practice with snakes in the wild.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

For Advertising mail webmaster
TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Guess what this python had for dinner??

Post by TenX » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:03 pm

Gruesome !!!
I had earlier seen pics of antelopes in snakes, and humans in crocs. But this combination was totally shocking. Dont Drink and Python :)

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:29 pm

Sudha-I too had seen this a while back and it was a hot topic of discussion with another correspondent who is forensically inclined.
Yes-snakes when captured and handled or disturbed, void bowels and regurgitate.
While the ethics of this might be overruled by law enforcement priorities, the story that went with this was the victim was drunk and sleeping outdoors in malaysia or thailand, friends found him missing and this engorged python not far away...QED
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:51 pm

ha , another reason to get totally plastered and not feel the swallowing action of the python.
Nagarifle

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:23 pm

Man O Man :D

Snakes prefer their meal head first but that does not mean that they will have it only that way :-).
Seen it on NGC and Discovery that this is quite possible.

Now there is no such thing as a man eating snake (feeding ONLY on man like Tigers / panthers) - or is there. There was this documentary some time back that one species of boa / python actually stalked a human being for quite a few days and attempted to take him. This was in some remote forest and that also only one specific species of snake. I forget the name of the episode shall pen it when i do remember.

Any more pics anyone???
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:00 am

ah but they did not reckon with a hungry Asian snake.
Nagarifle

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:43 am

I think this incident took place in Malaysia.

Re Le Grand Serpent, I am inclined to spare it's life in an instance like the present one.But, would like to ensure it would not come into human contact easily.

Au contraire, if it happens to someone I know and I am there, I just might chop it up.Sorry guys.It's very difficult to be so magnificent when it's so personal.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:00 am

Such snakes need to be killed just in case they make this a habit. Its gruesome though.

Best
NG

jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by jonahpach » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:17 am

Aaaa hah! Someone without his head in the clouds at last...

Vikaram said..
Re Le Grand Serpent, I am inclined to spare it's life in an instance like the present one.But, would like to ensure it would not come into human contact easily.

Au contraire, if it happens to someone I know and I am there, I just might chop it up.Sorry guys.It's very difficult to be so magnificent when it's so personal.
It's easy to be detatched and spout out hot airs about being humane to animals blah blah blah... just like some of those nuts in the "Conservation Forum" I spoke about. But if one was there! Specially if one was one of the guys who had lost his son/brother/uncle to the reptile?? Naaah I could'nt wait for the snake to regurgitate my relative ..

Think of it this way.. What if you knew the python had just swallowed mundaire, or Mack The Knife or maybe eljefe!? Those villagers knew/were related to the person the python had just swallowed. Comments like "Was it necessary to kill the python" I feel, are a tad insensitive and anti-humanity!

Just my two bits worth! But I knew there would be at least one guy who thought like me in this forum!

Jonah
Speak softly and carry a big gun!

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:04 am

Hi Jonah.
Yes, there is two sides to a coin, and its usually hard to see both.
Side one: Get the body out; Kill the snake
Side two: Dont kill the snake.
But, (there are always buts in life), there was also a discussion on a possibility of having the body removed with the help of a good vet without killing the snake, so that both sides could have been resolved - Get the body out, and also ensure the snake would live...
Maybe this would have been the better option, if it could be implemented :)

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:28 pm

i don't know what the fuss is about just do the naga thing, kill and eat it. end of snake. do not forget to add bamboo shoots.
Nagarifle

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:53 pm

Swallowing me would be a bit of a stretch. If you will excuse the pun...

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:08 pm

I would really like to know more about people who will think of calling a Vet if someone dear to you is inside that thing... :roll:

If somebody near to mine is inside that snake then I doesn’t think I will even know what am I doing.... my first reaction will be get the man out and that too as soon as possible by whatever means.

May be I am not a big time conservationist as others here :roll:

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:18 pm

jonahpach";p="45068 wrote:Think of it this way.. What if you knew the python had just swallowed mundaire, or Mack The Knife or maybe eljefe!?
I'm sure they'd be a few that'd give the snake a pat on the head and a "verrrry well done m'boy, we'll get you another one of those pesky forum moderators next week" :mrgreen:

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:22 pm

mundaire";p="45093 wrote:I'm sure they'd be a few that'd give the snake a pat on the head and a "verrrry well done m'boy, we'll get you another one of those pesky forum moderators next week" :mrgreen:

Cheers!
Abhijeet
:uncontrollable: :uncontrollable:
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.