Post all jokes/ quizzes/ teasers/ 'identify this' type of posts here
Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: I'm sick of this!

Post by Hammerhead » Fri May 03, 2013 8:04 am

I thought you love nature -

come to Toronto
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

For Advertising mail webmaster
gladiatorgarg
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by gladiatorgarg » Fri May 03, 2013 9:43 am

You are most welcome to India sir this is a versatile land n i bet you will enjoy..n get your bike as well if you wish otherwise you can hire it here as well :cheers:

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Fri May 03, 2013 12:00 pm

In Mumbai we are having the hottest summer I remember. Going out of the office for a smoke feels like a marathon. You are always welcome to enjoy the heat here....... and we'll manage to find some girls in flipflops and whatever!!! And chilled Kingfisher sitting in the sun........... :cheers:
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Fri May 03, 2013 6:20 pm

I want to go to Ooty, where it is not so hot!
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Fri May 03, 2013 7:22 pm

Bah....it's quite dirty where people gather.Very scenic where people are absent.
I would rather hit my target gently than miss hard.

seedha.admi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by seedha.admi » Fri May 03, 2013 7:32 pm

Y U NO COME TO INDIA...
There's nothing black or white in the world. There are just shades of gray.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Fri May 03, 2013 8:31 pm

Gentlemen,
It's not so bad, I was just venting. In a week or so, it will warm up (at least I hope so).

Then it will be Tornado season. Then it will get hot and humid (I've seen 112 deg F with the heat index). Then the Mosquitoes, Gnats, no-see-um's, Asian Ladybugs, Box Elder bugs, etc, etc, will come out in their multitudes. Then there will be a couple of days of idyllic "Indian Summer" after which the leaves will fall off the trees and it will snow again.

I think one reason why we don't have much strife in this state is because when two strangers meet, they always have something safe to talk about, to commiserate with each other about; the weather. It's always changing so there is always something new to talk about. You don't have to bring up religion or gun control or politics when you can just talk about the weather. Since there isn't much you can do about it, we tend not to get too excited about it. About the only time Minnesotan's get visibly excited is when deer hunting season is just around the corner. Ole might not even have got very excited on the day he married Lena (he might have smiled a time or two) but as November starts to roll around, he begins to act like a kindergartner. He runs around, pointing his fingers at his friends and yelling "bang" or making antlers behind his head with his own fingers, in which case his friends will point their fingers at him and yell "bang". So when Sven shoots Ole with his finger, Ole will roll his eyes upwards, jerk his head and pretend to fall over. After which they will both thump each other on the back and guffaw. All this is kind of strange, as generally Minnesota men will not let you get within arms length of them and touching, except for handshaking, is not looked forward to. Even after shaking hands, they will step back before they start conversing. See, there is all this space in Minnesota, why not use some of it?

Traditional Minnesota salutations:
"Cold enuf for you, Ole"? (in the summer this is usually "Hot enuf for you, Ole"?)
"Ya, Ya, Sven".
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Sat May 04, 2013 1:12 am

In a "normal" winter (no such thing in reality), I'd expect to be well into breakup by tax day. This time, it's snowing a few inches at least every other day. Yes, "Death to Winter"..., we are with you all the way.

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Fri May 17, 2013 12:21 pm

XL, just curious, from the names it appears there are a lot of people of Scandinavian ancestry in Minnesota?
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Sat May 18, 2013 1:16 am

A lot of people with Scandinavian ancestry in Minnesota ?
Betcha by golly ya.
Even the football team is called `The Vikings`.
"Minnesota is known for its relatively mixed social and political orientations, and has a high rate of civic participation and voter turnout. Minnesota ranks among the healthiest states, and has a highly literate population. The large majority of residents are of Scandinavian and German descent. The state is known as a center of Scandinavian American culture. Ethnic diversity has increased in recent decades. Substantial influxes of Asian, African, and Latin American immigrants have joined the descendants of European settlers and the original Native American inhabitants."
( Wikipedia )
A typical Minnesotan of Scandinavian descent:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Princ ... single.jpg
Make a man a fire and he`ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
( Terry Pratchett )

YogiBear
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by YogiBear » Sat May 18, 2013 2:35 am

Aloha,

The Wife is FROM Minneapolis.

She says "Minnesota is a Great state to be FROM"

It even snowed on May 1st as I recall.

Our friends there can't wait to come next January for 2 months.

Could be Worse, you could be in Duluth.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sat May 18, 2013 3:22 am

esdee1972 wrote:XL, just curious, from the names it appears there are a lot of people of Scandinavian ancestry in Minnesota?
Ya, Ya!
Looking for a "Johnson" in the Minneapolis phone book is like looking for a "Das" in the Kolkata phone book. At least that is the easiest way to explain to a Minnesotan how common my last name is in W Bengal.
esdee, I don't have to go to India to enjoy Kingfisher beer. There is an Indian restaurant that has opened up nearby and the offer Kingfisher. It's too bad that I don't drink anymore as I have fond memories of hanging out at the United Services club in Navynagar, Mumbai and drinking Kingfisher.
YogiBear wrote:Aloha,

Could be Worse, you could be in Duluth.
Yogi, My in-laws live up by Duluth. I've been up there several times lately and yes, they had significantly more snow than us, this year and most years.

..or you could have your fancy summer cabin on the shores of Lake Mille Lacs.
High winds causing severe wave action pushed rotten lake ice on shore and into homes on Mille Lacs lake

[youtube][/youtube]

Anyway ....the almighty rewarded my complaints with a smack upside the head and on Monday (5/13/2013) it was 98 deg F (approx 37 deg C). Dang!
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sat May 18, 2013 5:46 am

Yeepers, Yumpin' Yimminy! What a thread, yah, shure!
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Sat May 18, 2013 5:59 am

They make microphones ..... Shure.
Make a man a fire and he`ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
( Terry Pratchett )

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Sat May 18, 2013 6:06 am

and, of course, there are LOADS more !
( Terry Pratchett )