Man - Wife & Deer!!!

Post all jokes/ quizzes/ teasers/ 'identify this' type of posts here
brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Man - Wife & Deer!!!

Post by brihacharan » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:32 pm

It was Saturday morning as Bill, an avid hunter, woke up ready to go bag the first deer of the season.
He goes to the kitchen to get a cup of coffee, and to his surprise he finds his wife, Betty, sitting there, fully dressed in camouflage.

Bill asked her, "What are you up to?" Betty smiled and replied, "I'm going hunting with you!", though Bill had many reservations about this, reluctantly decided to take her along.

When they arrived at the hunting site Bill set his wife safely up in the tree stand and told her, "If you see a deer, take careful aim and shoot. I'll run back as soon as I hear the shot."

Bill walked away with a smile on his face knowing that Betty couldn't bag an Elephant, much less a Deer. Not ten minutes had passed, when he heard an array of gunshots.

As he ran back he heard Betty screaming, "Get away from my Deer!"

Confused, he ran faster towards his screaming wife only to hear her yelling, "Get away from my Deer!"

When he finally reached the spot where he had left his wife, he was surprised to see a man, standing with his hands high in the air…

The man was pleading saying "Okay Lady - Okay"...
You can have your Deer. Just let me get my saddle off it. ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

Briha
Last edited by brihacharan on Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Man - Wife & Deer!!!

Post by Vikram » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:13 pm

LOL.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:02 pm

We can all laugh at a story like that thinking that it’s just a joke but truth can be stranger than fiction. Back in the early 1980’s, I had several friends who lived in the same small south-western Wisconsin town. Deer hunting is big in Wisconsin; a really, really, big deal and there are usually no able-bodied males left in town over the weekends.
The Vietnam war ended in 1975 and a lot of Vietnamese refugees came over the US. Many came to the Midwest, especially to Minnesota and Wisconsin as they received a welcome here that they would not have in other parts of the country. One gentleman, a doctor, settled in the above mentioned town and observed the madness and excitement that accompanies the onset of deer season in these little towns. As often happens in small town America, new immigrants try to assimilate themselves into American society. So our young Vietnamese doctor expressed his curiosity in this sport of deer hunting that everyone was talking about. He was actively encouraged to do so and people helped him buy a rifle, sight it in and get used to firing it.
The doctor went out deer hunting and at the end of the first weekend, proudly drove down to the local deer-registration station to register his trophy. When told that he couldn’t register his “deer”, he was peeved till it was explained to him that what he had shot was not a White-tailed deer but Capra aegagrus hircus or the domestic goat. In all the explaining of equipment, techniques, etc, everyone, erroneously as it turns out, assumed that he knew what a White-tailed Deer looked like.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:19 am

A local friend of mine here started going deer hunting about 10 years ago, his first season hunting there was another local farmer who had bought some elk and had one escape.

Anyway, as everyone can guess the guy shot the elk thinking that he'd shot a huge deer his first time hunting. And of course, one of the problems with living in a small community is no one forgets stuff like this!

Whitetail deer:

Elk:
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:54 am

XL,

That's a good one. I hope the good doctor was good sport and share in the laughter.

Mark,

Did they ever let him forget?

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:48 am

Vikram wrote: Mark,

Did they ever let him forget?
Best-
Vikram

Not yet they haven't!
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947