to true to be a lie

Post all jokes/ quizzes/ teasers/ 'identify this' type of posts here
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

to true to be a lie

Post by nagarifle » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:16 am

A famouse person was on a visit to a coal mine, whilst being shown around the V.I.P. asked the manager, "Where is the mens lunch room"? The manager , very embarassed said, "The nearest lunch room is on the surface, the men just sit where they can and have their sandwiches" Undeterred the V.I.P. continued to ask questions, this time it was "Where are the toilets"? The manager, hearing the miners around him sniggering, stammered, "There aren't any, they just find a dark place out of the way and do it there". Half way through the visit another question, this time to a miner, "What are the large doors concreted into the walls for?" The miner replied "They are the sea doors, We are about 5 miles out under the North Sea, if the sea comes through the roof they are closed to save the pit" The V.I.P laughed "Oh yes, and how do the men on the other side get out"? To which the miner replied in a quiet, flat voice, "They don't" At this point the V.I.P, plus entourage beat a hasty retreat back to the shaft and up to the surface. This is not a joke, it is absolutely true, Margaret Thatcher was the V.I.P and my Dad was the miner.

D.J
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

For Advertising mail webmaster
brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: to true to be a lie

Post by brihacharan » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:35 pm

Nagarifle wrote: The V.I.P laughed "Oh yes, and how do the men on the other side get out"? To which the miner replied in a quiet, flat voice, "They don't" At this point the V.I.P, plus entourage beat a hasty retreat back to the shaft and up to the surface. This is not a joke, it is absolutely true, Margaret Thatcher was the V.I.P and my Dad was the miner.

> Reading this "My heart skipped a beat" :shock:
I salute the courage & resignation to fate of the "Miners" :cheering:
Briha

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:06 pm

Naga, Salute to you Dad and the other miners.

These were the guys whose strike Mrs. Thatcher broke up using methods reminiscent of a dictatorship, weren't they?
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:40 pm

essdee1972 wrote:Naga, Salute to you Dad and the other miners.

These were the guys whose strike Mrs. Thatcher broke up using methods reminiscent of a dictatorship, weren't they?
not my dad, its DJ dad

yes she broke the union backs in 1985, since then no hijack by the unions.
Nagarifle

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:10 pm

Probably that's the reason she went after the mining sector.With the intent of saving lives,perhaps. :roll:

Has anyone seen a film called,"Brassed Off"? An absolute little gem based on the lives of coal miners.

[youtube][/youtube]
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:24 pm

nice clip
Nagarifle