Middle East Crisis - Simplified!

Post all jokes/ quizzes/ teasers/ 'identify this' type of posts here
ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Middle East Crisis - Simplified!

Post by ckkalyan » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:36 pm

Are you confused by what is going on in the Middle East?

I decided to ask my erudite, American friend to explain the situation; he obliged and said….

It’s quite simple really! The Western powers including Australia, New Zealand and Canada, support the Iraqi government in its fight against ISIS.

We don’t like ISIS, but ISIS is supported by Saudi Arabia who we do like.

We don’t like Assad in Syria. We support the fight against him, but ISIS is also fighting against him.

We don’t like Iran, but Iran supports the Iraqi government in its fight against ISIS.

So some of our friends support our enemies, some of our enemies are now our friends and some of our enemies are fighting against our other enemies, who we want to lose; but we don’t want our enemies who are fighting our other enemies to win.

If the people we want to defeat are defeated, they could be replaced by people we like even less, and all this was started by us invading a country to drive out terrorists who were not actually there until we went in to drive them out.

All we wanted to do, as a bottom line, was to help establish a peaceful democracy.

You may like to read this again so it is absolutely clear – it's quite simple, really!

ROTFL

PS - And here I was wondering what ISIS - the Egyptian goddess of fertility; daughter of Geb; sister and wife of Osiris etc. etc., had to do with all of this!? :o
Last edited by ckkalyan on Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

For Advertising mail webmaster
brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Middle Crisis - Simplified!

Post by brihacharan » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:34 pm

ckkalyan wrote:Are you confused by what is going on in the Middle East?
This was started by us (USA) invading a country to drive out terrorists who were not actually there until we went in to drive them out. ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

PS - And here I was wondering what ISIS - the Egyptian goddess of fertility; daughter of Geb; sister and wife of Osiris etc. etc., had to do with all of this!? :o

BTW - If this is what its all about - then it depends on which side of the battle one is :lol:
Briha

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Middle East Crisis - Simplified!

Post by ckkalyan » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:45 pm

BTW - If this is what its all about - then it depends on which side of the battle one is :lol: Briha

:lol: Exactly my thoughts - somewhat dangerous - bordering on the er..um..what shall I say... ROTFL
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!